Talk

Advanced search

If you've had both vaccines doses, can you behave as Norma?

(33 Posts)
bigbeachedwales Thu 14-Jan-21 17:07:59

Just as the title says, really... my DM has her first vaccine last week. When she's had the second and waited a week or so as she's been told, what next? Does she still wear a mask? Social distance? How careful does she have to be? Can she hug the DGCs??

OP’s posts: |
SomewhatBored Thu 14-Jan-21 17:09:25

I don't know, but wondering who Norma is grin.

Angel2702 Thu 14-Jan-21 17:09:29

You still have to follow all restrictions. They haven’t fully studied the effect on stopping transmission so it is possible those who are vaccinated don’t become unwell but still contract the virus and pass it to others.

AliceinBunniland Thu 14-Jan-21 17:11:05

Who's Norma?

She still needs to be mindful we are in a pandemic and it is not known whether people who have had it can still pass it on.

She will probably be less careful for her own sake but should still socially distance snd wear a mask etc.

barofsoap Thu 14-Jan-21 17:12:57

Norma will have to be more careful if she has both doses - might only have mild disease and might pass it to others not realising

Reinventinganna Thu 14-Jan-21 17:12:58

You can’t be Norma, no.

NavyFlask Thu 14-Jan-21 17:13:06

How does Norma behave? grin

grandmasterstitch Thu 14-Jan-21 17:14:09

Our neighbour is called Norma. I wouldn't behave like her if I were you, she's trying to pinch our cat

Thesearmsofmine Thu 14-Jan-21 17:14:13

I think this might become an issue. Once older people are vaccinated they will start to behave as normal and become spreaders.

Glitters100 Thu 14-Jan-21 17:14:36

A shielding friend of mine said on page 6 of the info she got about the vaccine that even after having both vaccines she could still catch covid-19 so to still shield.

Poorlykitten Thu 14-Jan-21 17:15:14

I think unless you are Norma you are not allowed to behave like her. No way.

LaceyBetty Thu 14-Jan-21 17:15:14

grin

SelfMadeFantasist Thu 14-Jan-21 17:16:30

It depends if Norma follows the rules. If she invites you to a party, don’t go.

SquirtleSquad Thu 14-Jan-21 17:17:39

Nope Norma is on lockdown too

bigbeachedwales Thu 14-Jan-21 17:18:18

Haaaha! Sorry. No idea who Norma is. Sounds fun though!

draughtycatflap Thu 14-Jan-21 17:18:57

Bates?

JazzyGeoff Thu 14-Jan-21 17:19:05

No one should behave like that bastard Norma angry

beckyyl Thu 14-Jan-21 17:21:35

Thesearmsofmine

I think this might become an issue. Once older people are vaccinated they will start to behave as normal and become spreaders.

I agree. It seems more apparent from recent studies that even after having the vaccine you can still spread it, surely then people who've had the vaccine will start to relax more and then spread it amongst those who haven't received the vaccine.

Ifailed Thu 14-Jan-21 17:21:40

I suspect that once there is clear evidence that those who have had both jabs are showing much easier symptoms, and thus are far less likely to need hospitalisation then the advice will be very similar to flu - keep indoors, try not to pass it on and wait until they are back to normal.

ShouldHaveCouldHaveWouldHave Thu 14-Jan-21 17:22:01

The Norma I know is always up for a good time so yeah, I probably will. If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em I say.

Mrsbrownsgargoyle Thu 14-Jan-21 17:23:47

It has been widely publicised that you must still follow all the guidelines even after you've been vaccinated.

WhySoSensitive Thu 14-Jan-21 17:33:59

She could still be carrying and transmitting so is a still a risk to others.
She’s just much less likely to get sick herself.

bigbeachedwales Thu 14-Jan-21 18:01:03

So no hugging of grandchildren??

nancypineapple Thu 14-Jan-21 18:03:40

No , no hugging Norma's grandchildren sorry. You may end up getting arrested.

murbblurb Thu 14-Jan-21 18:07:05

FFS, how dumb are people? The vaccine means you are much less likely to end up gasping your life away in intensive care. Which also means that others have more a chance of being treated for things both covid and non covid.

Times are still really shit and no you can't clamber all over each other. Suck it up, buttercups. If people would GET REAL and STAY APART we might have more chance of getting over this. Viruses die without hosts.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in