Interview tomorrow - help

(2 Posts)
Okki Wed 13-Jan-21 21:05:28

I found out this afternoon I've got an interview tomorrow morning for a part time finance role. I've had a 10 yr career break. Can anyone give me some ideas of questions to prepare for. I hate the tell me about the time you solved a problem or what's your weakness type questions, but I guess I'll get those. It's what else I can expect that stumps me. I've passed the practical/ in tray tests already. The role is in an educational establishment. I've gone through their website. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
littleblackno Wed 13-Jan-21 21:16:46

Make sure you have researched the company and have some idea of who they are and what they do.
I recently interviewed for new staff and was asked by a couple of them "what do you like about the organisation/ why do you work for them".
I thought it was a great question for an interviewee to ask. Really put me on the spot but they stuck in my mind when offering the post.
Will it be done virtually? If so then check where your camera is angled, i have interviewed the top of a few peoples heads too!!
The break in your employment doesnt need to be a problem, you can always find experiences/ skills that are relevant, organisational, time keeping, recording etc.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in