Boots Advantage Card mystery

(2 Posts)
ReplacementPlasticUterus Tue 12-Jan-21 16:28:19

I'm having a mind-bending twitter conversation with Boots regarding my Advantage Card and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing.

I receive emails from Boots regularly, and at the top of the email is a banner which tells me the first 4 digits of my Advantage Card, and how many pounds worth of points I have available to spend. The only thing is that sometimes the email shows the card number I have in my purse with a fairly boring £7 or so available, and sometimes it says the first 4 digits of a different card number with nearly £50 available.

I contacted Boots via twitter to ask if they could explain it, and have entered into a truly painful exchange with them that gets more bizarre by the day.

So far I have provided them with my full name, date of birth, Adv Card number, current address and every address I have lived at for the past 48 years, my mobile number, my email address, and a screen print showing my latest Adv Card points total, where/when they were earned and on what purchases, and yet they still can't tell me anything because apparently their records don't match anything I've provided!

I didn't actually care that much at the beginning, I was just mildly curious, but now I'm determined to get to the bottom of it.

Any idea what I can do? I'm baffled - they send me Adv Card points vouchers in the snail mail, so somewhere along the line something does link my card to my address, but they won't tell me anything at all because 'data protection'.

OP’s posts: |
ReplacementPlasticUterus Thu 14-Jan-21 16:08:41

Bump.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in