Does anyone have Nigella's cook eat repeat?

(8 Posts)
kaleishorrid Mon 11-Jan-21 19:39:58

If so could you please check the recipe for the marzipan loaf cake - does it really only have 75g of flour? Looked up the recipe online but this seems not very much.

TIA X

OP’s posts: |
Goforinfo Mon 11-Jan-21 19:49:48

I have made it off the internet recipe with 75g flour and it worked brilliantly! It is a very small cake and I guess the almonds in the marzipan provide a bit of a substitute

dementedma Mon 11-Jan-21 19:51:33

Yup, 75g. Just checked

allthelittleangelsriseupriseup Mon 11-Jan-21 19:51:55

Yes, it does, and it took forever to cook and it had a rather strange "mousse like" texture.
Second time I made it I increased the amount of ground almonds and it was wonderful. Word of warning - it's incredibly addictive.

kaleishorrid Mon 11-Jan-21 20:05:48

Thank you everyone x

kaleishorrid Mon 11-Jan-21 20:07:46

allthelittleangelsriseupriseup

Yes, it does, and it took forever to cook and it had a rather strange "mousse like" texture.
Second time I made it I increased the amount of ground almonds and it was wonderful. Word of warning - it's incredibly addictive.

Hi - do you mean marzipan - I can't see ground almonds in the recipe

kaleishorrid Mon 11-Jan-21 23:08:38

allthelittleangelsriseupriseup

Ok - I followed your advice and used more marzipan - I had clementine flavoured marzipan - it's delicious but very rich - tastes a bit like the Indian sweet gulab jamun - I may have used too much cardoman. Will definitely make it again - perhaps with original amount of marzipan and a bit less cardoman

Thank you all for checking the weight of flour for me.

Advertisement

kaleishorrid Tue 02-Feb-21 11:43:41

A further question if anyone is still around.

Has anyone made this without the cardamon? Is it

ok or just too sweet?

Thank you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in