How do I stop Amazon & Alexa info showing up on DD’s tablet?

(8 Posts)
Littlemiss74 Mon 11-Jan-21 17:10:15

I’ve been searching online for the answer to this but can’t seem to find anything clear & I am a bit of a struggling technophobe looking for help please!

Last year we bought my daughter an amazon fire tablet which I must have set up with my email address as she didn’t have one (she now has her own). I got an Amazon echo show for Christmas and have been trying it out with reminders etc.
DD has informed me that all my Alexa reminders are flashing up on her tablet. She can also see books I’ve bought via kindle on Amazon.

I realise this must be to do with the fact her amazon account is linked to mine but I don’t know how to change this. Can anyone help me please?

OP’s posts: |
Chilver Mon 11-Jan-21 17:12:51

I had similar, managed to unlink my calendar and notifications (via the Alexa device menu for her Echo Show) for hers, but still struggling that my Photos are showing up on her Echo Show! It does the 'on this day' and all my photos scroll through....not that I have any risque photos but there are some of my skin which I keep to show my doctor for example...

iwantsnow Mon 11-Jan-21 17:15:31

Go into your Amazon account (on the website version) and go to manage your devices. You can then set parameters on the device, set age constraints and you should be able to unlink it from the Alexa from there as well. Been a while since I did this, but I'm pretty sure that's where I went to fix it.

LividLoving Mon 11-Jan-21 17:16:09

Go to settings and wallpaper and you can select which albums show from Amazon Photos.

Until I sorted it out I was getting all the screenshots of WhatsApp conversations I’d ever taken and yep a couple of semi nudeys showing in the kitchen blush

Littlemiss74 Mon 11-Jan-21 18:51:31

Thanks, I’m still struggling to see how to do it. She actually has Alexa blocked on her tablet but my alexa notifications are still popping up on her screen.
I’ve found Amazon household & wondering if it’s something to do with this.
I can’t understand why I can’t find some guidance for this online, I imagine it must be quite a common issue.

Littlemiss74 Mon 11-Jan-21 21:11:54

@Chilver how exactly did you unlink the calendar & notifications. Do I go into devices via my Amazon account, the Alexa app on my phone or or via her tablet? I’m so confused!

Chilver Mon 11-Jan-21 21:23:13

Hi, I went via my Alexa app on my phone. I think its under Devices_'device name'_general_Sounds_Turn off notifications.

Not particularly intuitive as its not actually a 'sound'!!

Advertisement

Littlemiss74 Mon 11-Jan-21 22:43:09

@Chilver thank you, I’ve finally managed to get the reminders to stop appearing but it’s still showing all my lists😩

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in