Emotional Wreck

(4 Posts)
SewnUp Sun 10-Jan-21 20:06:39

Bit of a reassurance post... my baby is 2 weeks old and despite getting decent sleep, the baby is perfect and I'm really enjoying being a first time mum, I've found myself on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I'm not normally emotional at all but the slightest things have set me off crying, mostly gifts we have received from friends and family. I can't read any of the cards we've had without crying and sometimes I feel myself getting teary just thinking about how fast our baby is growing 🙈. Did anyone else feel like this?

OP’s posts: |
TravelBugLife Sun 10-Jan-21 20:33:56

I didn't want to read and run, but I think this is quite normal! Your hormones are going through a seismic change at this stage.

Needallthesleep Sun 10-Jan-21 21:03:24

Yes this is so so normal. Just your hormones settling down post pregnancy. If it continues for more than a few weeks then see a doctor. I’ve cried every day for the first two weeks with both my babies.

SewnUp Mon 11-Jan-21 12:46:54

Thank you smile I don't feel depressed or down in general and the baby is so good, she's no bother at all so it's not like I'm stressed or anything, it's just the slightest little things making me cry

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in