I need a new car...

(4 Posts)
TheDukeAndI Sun 10-Jan-21 15:44:46

I was planning on going to a used car showroom & part-exchanging my current car (the same place I got it from). I’ve no idea what car I want but I need a new one. I cannot fit 3 DC + DH into my current car - gutted as I love it - so making do for a while isn’t possible. It needs to be 7 seater and I’ve never looked at them before.

What can I do?! It’s closed. I’m due in March so not too long to go. I’m stressing over this - does anyone know when they opened up last time? Are the smaller showrooms open?

I’m not keen on walking round with a newborn but I guess if it doesn’t work until April I’ll need to not use the car with all of us until then. Probably won’t be a massive issue given lockdown but my newborn days with DC2 were horrific with trying to get BF established so could be a while until I’m up for it (although hoping it won’t be as much of an issue).

I would appreciate any advice or thoughts smile

OP’s posts: |
JudgeRindersMinder Sun 10-Jan-21 15:48:54

Phone the showroom, they may have a way of operating without actually opening their doors

Markies Sun 10-Jan-21 15:55:29

Garages are open? The garage I just bought a car from is still open anyway.

TheDukeAndI Sun 10-Jan-21 16:10:42

@Markies oh now I feel daft! The large car showroom that I bought my car from is closed, so I assumed they couldn’t open. I will check out local independent ones blush

I hate buying new cars so quite nervous as to where to get it from but I’d rather that then with a newborn!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in