Pizza stone owners, how on earth do you get them clean

(14 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sun 10-Jan-21 14:46:01

I have scrubbed and scrubbed with water only and this is the best I can do. This is with two uses.
I know yiu don't need to clean them but if I'd left the cheese stuck on it would have just burnt next time.

OP’s posts: |
AuntyMabelandPippin Sun 10-Jan-21 14:57:48

I have a hard plastic scraper, which gets any stuff off. The black stays on though.

StealthPolarBear Sun 10-Jan-21 14:59:02

Ooh is this a special pizza stone scraper? Or just the sort you'd use on your car?

AngusThermopyle Sun 10-Jan-21 15:00:47

You scrape the lumpy bits off carefully then just wipe it as it's supposed to 'season' itself with usage.

billybagpuss Sun 10-Jan-21 15:01:51

Soak off any stuck on debris and wash on washing up liquid, don’t worry about the colour, it takes on the oils that you’ve used, mine started that colour and is now very different brown colour, but a nice one not dirty. Oil it before you use it and I always preheat it.

Almostslimjim Sun 10-Jan-21 15:01:55

That's supposed to happen!

You aren't supposed to clean them really, just scrape off the hard stuff.

StealthPolarBear Sun 10-Jan-21 15:09:35

I don't want cheese burning in my oven, it'll just set the smoke alarm off!
I hadn't realised you were meant to oil it.... Oops.
The instructions were very firm about not using any form of detergent.

Advertisement

TottiePlantagenet Sun 10-Jan-21 15:14:00

Yeah, I have several stone baking trays and over the years I've come to ignore the "instructions were very firm about not using any form of detergent." They just get too greasy for me, so we do wash them with washing up liquid, after we scrape off any stuck on bits.

StealthPolarBear Sun 10-Jan-21 15:14:50

Thank you! I'm going to ignore the instructions (and dh)

woodhill Sun 10-Jan-21 15:15:48

Yes, washed mine. Had some pampered chef stoneware stuff like a round dish and pizza stone ,

TottiePlantagenet Sun 10-Jan-21 15:20:50

I have left over Pampered Chef ones too, but these look the same: www.amazon.co.uk/KitchenCraft-4-Piece-Scrapers-Nylon-White/dp/B075TRZD27?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

AuntyMabelandPippin Sun 10-Jan-21 17:12:05

StealthPolarBear

Ooh is this a special pizza stone scraper? Or just the sort you'd use on your car?

I have Pampered Chef ones, but as the PP said, the Amazon ones look the same.

CatherinedeBourgh Sun 10-Jan-21 17:14:04

i put baking paper under the pizzas to catch the muck

RoosterTheRoost Sun 10-Jan-21 17:18:48

Sandpaper to get some of the mess off. You’ll never get it “clean” though. There’s always going to be marks and stains

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in