Spa Break Recommendations

(10 Posts)
SummaLuvin Sun 10-Jan-21 13:59:11

Looking for recommendations for a great UK spa break. Backstory is that DP and I had a trip of a lifetime booked for May-2020 which we postponed to May-2021, now it looks like it won't go ahead again. We hope to have a short break in May to feel better about putting it off for yet another year. Fingers crossed UK will be in a state to allow this by then.

Requirements
-Staying overnight so rooms must be nice and comfortable (probably 2 nights)
-We are midlands based and don't mind a few hours drive, but Scotland and Cornwall for two nights isn't realistic for us
-I like a countryside spa
-As we probably wouldn't leave the site the restaurant has to be very good
-Good treatments
-Not overcrowded, plenty of loungers and space. I don't want to pay £££ and then struggle to gain access to the hot tub
-Child free spa area, I don't mind in other spaces, but kids bombing into pools isn't conducive to relaxation
-As I will be with DP I would prefer most areas were not gender segregated so we can be together

Some spas I have been to
-Moddershall Oaks - this is my favourite spa I have ever been to, ticks all the boxes
-Belfry - OK, but I found it felt tired and won’t return
-The Cliff - the setting was stunning and spa nice, had a room with hot tub so spent more time there
-Celtic Manor - facilities were pretty good and treatments amazing, but setting bland and generally didn’t grab me enough to want to go back

OP’s posts: |
Squiffany Sun 10-Jan-21 14:04:12

Not a spa per se, but I like Hawkchurch down near Lyme Regis. They are log cabins and you can get your own individual hot tub at some of the lodges.
There is a bar and restaurant and a pool and small spa.

There are other similar places across the country. We usually book through Hoseasons, but you can book direct.

www.hoseasons.co.uk/lodges/hawkchurch-resort-and-spa-hawc

user1493413286 Sun 10-Jan-21 14:07:20

I’ve been to a couple of hand picked hotels; there’s a few around the country and they’ve been lovely. I went to the fawcett hotel in Daventry for my big birthday and it was lovely

SummaLuvin Sun 10-Jan-21 15:09:31

One place I have seen that really intrigues me is Sopwell House which has a spa, especially the new expansion 'The Club' looks incredible.

Thanks to those who have replied, I will check those out

OP’s posts: |
HermioneWeasley Sun 10-Jan-21 15:11:17

Rudding park in Harrogate or penny hill park in Surrey

Aurorie11 Sun 10-Jan-21 15:26:50

Ragdale Hall near Melton Mowbray ticks all your boxes

Parsley1234 Sun 10-Jan-21 15:30:58

Whatley manor fab fab fab

Advertisement

Darnley Sun 10-Jan-21 15:39:39

Calcot in tetbury is fab.

fairydustandpixies Sun 10-Jan-21 15:40:29

Champneys. Forest Mere is wonderful.

mongoosebaby Sun 10-Jan-21 15:40:52

Careys Manor in Brockenhurst has a lovely spa section, seperate from the pool so no kids allowed in. Plus the new forest is a bloody lovely place to visit! I've only eaten in the spa restaurant which is Thai, so not sure about the hotel bit, but there is always The Pig in Brockenhurst to eat at if you are proper foodies!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in