Entity 303 in minecraft?

(5 Posts)
Dogsaresomucheasier Sat 09-Jan-21 13:36:26

My son is wittering on about minecraft and being hacked by entity 303. While I do not particularly care about minecraft and only half listen is this something I should be worried about from a device security point of view? Please can I have a simple, mum explanation? I’m no gamer. He’s playing on Nintendo switch and I have the parent account details. Thanks lots

OP’s posts: |
LemonySippet Sat 09-Jan-21 13:47:01

Entity 303 is an urban legend like Herobrine in Minecraft, I'd imagine he's watched a video about it on YouTube and his imagination has run wild, or he's just got excited about it. Does he play online with friends? If he does it's possible any of them can come into his worlds but honestly it's unlikely to be a problem. If he goes onto the servers he might have encountered someone with a similar name but I doubt it. I wouldn't worry unduly, the switch is a sturdy console.

Dogsaresomucheasier Sat 09-Jan-21 13:51:14

Thanks😀

Dogsaresomucheasier Sat 09-Jan-21 13:51:48

He doesn’t play with anyone online.

LemonySippet Sat 09-Jan-21 14:00:15

If he doesn't have online access, like no Microsoft online account, then there's no way anyone can get onto his Switch. But regardless, I think it's a case of an overactive imagination. The number of times DS has told me that one of his friends has DEFINITELY seen Herobrine hmm

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in