Hospital Staffrooms

(5 Posts)
RandomMess Fri 08-Jan-21 21:26:03

So do all wards/Ambulance staff/ED staff have their own staff rooms/break out kitchens/areas?

Want to buy some thank you gifts which will realistically be biscuits/tea/coffee as I assume each one is shared by many staff??

Can hospital staff help me out here?

Would be nice to buy other stuff but can imagine it would get very costly!!

OP’s posts: |
Audreyseyebrows Fri 08-Jan-21 21:31:28

Some do, some don’t. Some (including where I am) have currently banned shares biscuits/sweets etc due to lots of hands touching the contents.
Buy a few boxes of black biros, they always go down a treat! Also a letter to express why you want to do this would be really appreciated and would be able to be used for revalidation.

Imapotato Fri 08-Jan-21 21:33:36

We also have a ban on shared food.

Our department used to have its own room. It’s now been taken because of Covid, so we are sharing with the nursing staff on which ever ward we’re on. So each ward has it’s own break room/office.

RandomMess Fri 08-Jan-21 21:34:43

Yes I've bought cards for the 3 areas and will be explicit as to why I am thanking them etc.

I am hoping to buy some inexpensive lip balms so can buy lots so hopefully each member of staff on the ward can have one if they would like, will get biros too!!

OP’s posts: |
MrsAmaretto Fri 08-Jan-21 21:39:45

Shared food is a no-no. Little tubes of hand cream, lipbalm, individually wrapped chocolate bars are good ideas

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in