Ideas to make DSs 12th birthday special please

(7 Posts)
Checkers271 Fri 08-Jan-21 18:10:17

He turns 12 next month and I'm at a loss as to how we can make the day special for him (presents, cake and a takeaway aside).

Has anyone done something for their pre teen/teen during lockdown that was a hit? Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
ALightFromTheShadows Sat 09-Jan-21 17:19:46

Bumping, as I will be in the same position shortly.

fussygalore118 Sat 09-Jan-21 17:37:59

My daughter is a little older but we have arranged a party with her closest friends and we are delivering party boxes on the Saturday morning. They have snacks, face mask, hot chocolate stirrer, silly wig, weird Japanese snacks, a jelly bean game with horrible and nice flavours, popcorn etc...
They will spend the evening yapping, giggling, and hopefully having a bit of fun!

fussygalore118 Sat 09-Jan-21 17:38:56

Oh its a zoom online party! Not in person sorry that wasn't clear lol

Londoncatshed Sat 09-Jan-21 17:51:54

Nice cake, couple more special gifts, balloons of their age, family zoom singing happy birthday. Very happy 13 year old. They also understand at that age that things have been different for everyone this year.

GarytheRedNosedUnicorn Sat 09-Jan-21 17:52:05

Arrange a quiz on zoom with some of his friends? Or plan the perfect day out for when we are allowed?

Lockdownlovernotfromliverpool Sat 09-Jan-21 17:53:38

We served a 3 course meal a la restaurant style!! All got dressed up and did a pre ordered menu etc!
Called it Mambucca's!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in