New job a bit shit :(

(4 Posts)
Hannah55574 Fri 08-Jan-21 16:46:23

Urghhh I just need a bit of sympathy really. I took a promotion, and turns out my new job is a bit shit. I’m going to have to ride it out for a couple of years. It’s less of the stuff I enjoy, a lot more stress and responsibility and actually no more pay although a bit more status. If someone could tell me two years goes really fast that would be lovely please and thanks sad

OP’s posts: |
ChristmasUserName2020 Fri 08-Jan-21 17:29:33

I feel your pain @Hannah55574 I did the same about 2.5 years ago and on the first day realised I despised the job. I’ve now just about to return to my previous profession (my professional registration expired about 7 years ago) and I’m so glad I decided to go back. Why do you have to stay two years?

Thesagacontinues Fri 08-Jan-21 18:37:18

Me too! I was forced into a promotion late last year and am now stuck for a year. Im 2 months in so just 10 to go.

LemonadeSunshine Fri 08-Jan-21 19:07:53

I've done this for a strategic experience-gathering before going for the job I actually wanted.
I hated it every day but carried on ticking off the days, did 10 months and now have the job I really wanted, drawing on the experience I gathered more than I thought I would.
It'll pass quickly, start planning the next move you want so you stay motivated flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in