Gift idea for woman, buying in Sainsburys

(72 Posts)
Walkingtheplank Fri 08-Jan-21 09:05:46

My birthday is coming up and DH has asked me to tell him exactly what teen DD can buy for me in Sainsburys. They are going after lunch. I expect will spend up to £10.

I'm at a loss really but would prefer not toiletries (I have c.60 toiletry items from previous birthdays/Xmas's) and not chocolate as on a diet.

DH thinks I should just be able to name an item, otherwise it will be chocolate.

DS has bought me some books so that's not an option, and I generally don't read the popular books they have at Sainsburys.

Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
dingoesatemybaby Fri 08-Jan-21 09:06:28

Slippers or a scarf?

yumscrumfatbum Fri 08-Jan-21 09:07:53

They do some nice homeware, candles frames etc. Stationary? CD or book?

AbbeyBelfast Fri 08-Jan-21 09:08:31

They have a fairly decent jewellery stand, or like the above poster said a scarf would be nice?

Their homeware is also nice, candles and home fragrance? Bath bombs?

SoupDragon Fri 08-Jan-21 09:08:33

Candle or Reed diffuser? Vase... other home type thing?

How big is this Sainsbury's?

SoupDragon Fri 08-Jan-21 09:08:48

Hat?

lastqueenofscotland Fri 08-Jan-21 09:09:38

Wine?

Advertisement

RainbowRaine Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:01

Yankee candles?

Pyjamas Sainsbury's do lovely pyjamas

Ragwort Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:21

Flowers/plant?

Wine?

Is it a large Sainsbury's- they often have nice vases/candles etc

Walkingtheplank Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:27

Gosh, that was quick! It's a large store but not one of the massive ones.

WeeDangerousSpike Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:47

They had some nice dressing gowns when I looked online the other day.

hellolittlebaby Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:54

My local Sains sells lots of electrical items--do you need anything like new headphones? Hair curlers? A watch? New PJs?

Sains do nice bunches of flowers for around £10 too.

Otherwise, I'd be asking for a gift card. My Sainsbury's has a big display with gift cards cor all different shops. ASOS, M&S, B&Q, etc. You could then buy something you want online.

PennineSpring Fri 08-Jan-21 09:10:56

Why do you have to do the thinking here? It’s your birthday! Can’t DH and DD put their heads together and think for themselves? It would be a nicer present as they’ll have put some thought and effort into buying something.

Mrsjayy Fri 08-Jan-21 09:11:05

Sainsbury's have nice homeware as pp said a throw or a candle holders have a look online see what you fancy and try and not be too fussy.

Cheeseycheeseycheesecheese Fri 08-Jan-21 09:11:39

Their home ware selection is nice, they also sell gift cards for other stores? So she could get you a book token or waterstones gift card?

louise4745 Fri 08-Jan-21 09:11:40

I love their plants / plant pots / quirky ornaments

converseandjeans Fri 08-Jan-21 09:11:43

Reed diffuser or candles
Bottle of wine/fizz
Decent choc like Green & Blacks
PJs

Chemenger Fri 08-Jan-21 09:11:52

I second the pyjamas, they often have very nice 100% cotton ones.

SquirtleSquad Fri 08-Jan-21 09:12:41

Their pjs are great, slippers comfy and homewares really nice! Have a look on their website.

bluebluezoo Fri 08-Jan-21 09:13:07

They have nice dressing gowns, and my teens love their oversized fluffy tops, especially at the minute for extra warmth and comfort around the house. In the pj section.

Nice bunch of flowers or a plant?

Fluffy socks

Personally A loaf of freshly baked bread, butter and lemon curd is my idea of a huge treat smile

BarbaraofSeville Fri 08-Jan-21 09:14:03

I'd ask for a bottle of fizzy wine - Sainsbury's taste the difference has a few, that often extend beyond the usual prosecco or cava.

But I'd also expect them to be able to choose something between them without having to be told specifically what item, or else it's just part of normal grocery shopping.

I'd then take my bottle of fizzy wine and my new books and lock myself away from them all for a couple of hours of peace.

Mrsjayy Fri 08-Jan-21 09:14:19

Oh yes the pyjamas are lovely. My DD used to work in Sainsbury's and I would stock up when they had their sale and she got double discount!

PoulePouletteEternellement Fri 08-Jan-21 09:15:18

Given an entire year to prepare, and the entire world to shop from, I would be somewhat pissed off to be forced into such a sub-optimal decision.

I'm sure must be a good reason why Sainsbury's is the only possible choice for your husband and daughter, but still ...

Alcohol. Since he'll be with her.

WellTidy Fri 08-Jan-21 09:15:28

Magazines?

Walkingtheplank Fri 08-Jan-21 09:16:06

Ha, absolute agree with @peninespring re whose responsibility it is to do the thinking! I almost made this an AIBU but needed the ideas instead.

I might have said this myself - although the response was if I didnt come up with something I'd be getting chocolate, which I'd just explicitly said I dont want.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in