Gah. Feeling physically broody!

(6 Posts)
generallygenial Wed 23-Dec-20 14:47:51

I'm 27 and been with my partner for 5 years. Not ttc, but want children in the next 3 years or so once married.

Consciously I don't want children yet, but for some reason I am feeling extremely broody. It feels like physically broody?! Must be my hormones but I'm also worrying my biological clock is ticking already if I'm feeling like this...

Doesn't help that last night I had 2 dreams where I had a tiny newborn baby grin

Anyone feeling the same?!

OP’s posts: |
generallygenial Wed 23-Dec-20 19:35:29

Just me then blush

JanetPudding Wed 23-Dec-20 19:38:54

Not me! I'm currently trying to get my two year old to go to sleep. It's been 45
Minutes so far and he still keeps talking to me. The thought of another one... confused

4amWitchingHour Wed 23-Dec-20 19:42:57

Ha, proper broodiness kicked in for me at 27, and one of my friends too. Totally hormonal and came out of nowhere (even though I've always wanted kids). Was sensible and waited til I was actually ready and in a good place emotionally, financially etc at 34!

4amWitchingHour Wed 23-Dec-20 19:45:30

I also started to be way more sensitive to light (as in, it woke me up in the mornings) at the same age which I put done to a hormonal thing. Wonder if there is something in your body chemistry that goes on in your late 20s...

generallygenial Wed 23-Dec-20 20:16:33

@JanetPudding you see this is where my conscious mind knows that I don't want that wink

@4amWitchingHour hmm maybe 27 is the age... Problem is I'm in a good place emotionally and financially so no real 'reason' to wait which I think makes the broodiness worse and harder to rationalise! But DP wants to wait a few years to 'live a bit more' hmm

Definitely much worse on my period, feels like my body is mourning lack of pregnancy! I suffer from hormonal insomnia so makes sense what you were saying about waking up to light.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in