Reasons for missed period ? CD 50. Not pregnant!

(7 Posts)
Bex19999 Mon 21-Dec-20 22:46:35

Hi

As the title suggest I am currently on CD 50 and have done about 8 different brand pregnancy tests and all negative. My cycles are quite long and usually between 32 and 45 days long however they have been in the 30s for the last year.

I took the MAP pill in October and bled 7 days after a light bleed not a normal period.. currently using the pull out method ( silly I know) so the chances of pregnancy are not impossible.

I’ve been having sore boobs cramping and twinges like I’m going to come on for about 10 days now and nothing.. took another test tonight negative.

I haven’t had a cycle this long for about two years and I’m worried something is wrong as it seems I am defo not pregnant.. it’s not a thyroid issue or anything as I had all that checked before.

I track all my periods and have done for heard I have NEVER gone over 53 days unless pregnant and even then a cycle that long was a very long time ago.

I am 31 and really worried something is wrong now !?

Could it be from the morning after pill ? That was two months ago though

OP’s posts: |
Bex19999 Mon 21-Dec-20 22:47:27

That’s meant to say have done for years *

VickyBHF Mon 21-Dec-20 22:49:27

Peri-menopause?

Bex19999 Mon 21-Dec-20 23:08:31

@VickyBHF at 31?

mummymeister Mon 21-Dec-20 23:12:15

I think you need to sort out your contraception. you took MAP two months ago and now using withdrawal as a reliable method of contraception which it really is not. whats your long term plan in all of this? if you dont want to be pregnant then making certain sure that you arent has to be your top priority.

cakebythepound1234 Mon 21-Dec-20 23:14:24

I recently missed a period but had a week or so of cramps as moodiness. Was worried I was pregnant (absolutely not trying for one right now!) but about 3 weeks after I should have had my period I came on. I attributed it to an awful lot of stress that we had been going through (moving, home schooling, high anxiety etc) - are you going through a particularly stressful time at the moment / very recently that might have affected your cycle?

Bex19999 Mon 21-Dec-20 23:21:03

@mummymeister you are right .. we usually use condoms but we have been a bit silly and stopped but I am putting a stop to that and need to think long term.

@cakebythepound1234 hmm wouldn’t say I have been anymore stressed than usual really although I am now very worried regarding the PP comment of peri-menopause as I don’t have children yet and would like some in the near future

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in