Let's talk about something else

(4 Posts)
Gobbeldegook Sat 19-Dec-20 23:01:47

It's all covid talk tonight. It's depressing.
Let's talk about something else.
What else has happened today?
For us we went to the playground and I thought I was going to lose my fingers to frostbite. The whole time the kids were complaining they were too hot with their coats on 🤣🤣 I must be a cold arse 😂😂

OP’s posts: |
ErrolTheDragon Sat 19-Dec-20 23:09:45

You need to run around too, generate some heat.
We went for a walk, the weather forecast was wrong and it pissed down. It's pretty much the only time that's happened to us this year, and we've walked over a thousand miles, so I'm not going to complain.

Gobbeldegook Sat 19-Dec-20 23:29:43

We got caught in the rain too. I've loved our walks this year, we've walked miles. Favourite walk was holy island, so beautiful. The playground near us is a bit crap. Only good for the littelys. I'd have rather had a football over the field but they'd rather be on the swings and climbing frame. My bot gets stuck on the climbing frame 🤣

OP’s posts: |
ErrolTheDragon Sun 20-Dec-20 08:40:43

Holy island is lovely - I've not been there for years. The last time was when DD was about 5, she happily walked miles, looking at interesting flowers in the sand dunes etc. On an earlier visit before we had her, at a time when DHs job was very stressful we crossed the causeway just as the tide was rising so we knew we wouldn't be able to leave for hours ... it was lovely, all sense of rush evaporated, we wandered around, and saw seals.
We'd hoped to get to Northumbria this year instead of going abroad but it didn't pan out ... maybe next year. Or the year after. It'll still be there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in