Talk

Advanced search

Nigella Guinness cake - how many calories?

(9 Posts)
BarryWhiteIsMyBrother Sun 22-Nov-20 11:41:49

I've been recommended the Nigella Guiness cake as a no-brainer for a birthday cake. However I'm currently tracking what I eat on MFP. Does anyone know how many calories are in 100g or a slice of this cake? www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-guinness-cake Thank you

OP’s posts: |
HopeAndDriftWood Sun 22-Nov-20 12:02:44

I’ve no idea but if you build the recipe into MFP with the ingredients you’ve used, it’ll work it out for you - lifesaver for things you’ve cooked from scratch!

BarryWhiteIsMyBrother Sun 22-Nov-20 12:15:33

Oh - I had no idea. Thank you!

BarryWhiteIsMyBrother Sun 22-Nov-20 12:26:33

@HopeAndDriftWood I just entered it but it's giving me calories per slice. How can I see calories per 100g? ANy idea please?

CovidPostingName Sun 22-Nov-20 13:08:40

You'd have to weigh the whole cake after baking to work that out. Just do it by choice or part slice.

BarryWhiteIsMyBrother Sun 22-Nov-20 16:06:09

Hi @CovidPostingName - what do you mean by 'Just do it by choice or part slice' please?

Horsemad Sun 22-Nov-20 16:08:40

Just eat the cake. 🤣

CovidPostingName Sun 22-Nov-20 16:15:38

@BarryWhiteIsMyBrother
Whole or part slice, it should have read. Enter the recipe using the recommended number of slices, and then when you actually eat some, judge whether it's a whole or part slice and enter that in to your diary ad 1, 0.5, 0.3 etc.I look at the calories per recommended serving with home entered baking and then decide whether I'll have a whole portion, or more often than not a half portion.

BarryWhiteIsMyBrother Mon 23-Nov-20 08:32:51

Thank you @CovidPostingName

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in