Talk

Advanced search

Kids games to play while not moving

(12 Posts)
poorlyearboy Thu 19-Nov-20 11:57:07

DS (3 yrs) has an ear infection that really hurts and he's pinned to my chest as that stops the pain but the second he moves it really hurts

He wants to play but without moving his head from my chest. We normally do role play type games (pretending to be in a shop or dressing up etc) but that's quite hard when he can't move

Any suggestions for things we could play, please?

OP’s posts: |
Ringsender2 Thu 19-Nov-20 11:59:09

Make up a story together. Take it in turns to move the story on. Hope he feels better soon. What a lovely excuse to squish up together

Nowisthemonthofmaying Thu 19-Nov-20 11:59:44

Thumb wars? Hand shadow/glove puppets? I spy? 'Drawing' a picture on his back and he has to guess what it is?

steppemum Thu 19-Nov-20 12:04:27

gosh, that is seriously not moving!
I was imagining sitting in bed/sofa.

Hmm. Can you have some toys on the sofa to the side where he can see? So I'm thinking a couple of cars, and then do a simple story with them as they drive over the sofa, bump into his leg, have to get round his foot etc?

MonkeyPuddle Thu 19-Nov-20 12:07:11

We play I spy but DS doesn’t know letter yet so we do it with other clues, something that makes the tv work, something that is green etc etc.

steppemum Thu 19-Nov-20 12:09:46

and I think you could do a couple of games like this. I seem to remember dd was into the shopping list game at that age. You could put his board near him (and you move thepieces for him) and then pass him the box to choose a new piece etc.)

poorlyearboy Thu 19-Nov-20 12:25:30

Thank you so much everyone- we will try all ideas!

ilovespinach Thu 19-Nov-20 12:44:30

There's a book called You Choose. When my boys were younger they used to like to look through it with me. There are lots of different illustrations and you can snuggle up and make up a story together.

Beamur Thu 19-Nov-20 12:51:33

There's a book called, 'would you rather' which I have not read in years, but basically you come up with 2 silly things and have to choose one
Like would you rather...
Be an ice skating hippo or a dancing lion
Sleep in a hammock with a monkey or a bunk bed with a snake
It doesn't have to make sense!
So if he likes role play you could do this around the things he likes already.

Ringsender2 Fri 20-Nov-20 14:56:10

How's your DS today OP? I hope his earache has gone.

poorlyearboy Fri 20-Nov-20 19:01:55

Ringsender- that's so lovely of you to ask smile some pain remains but he can get up and play. Have never been so pleased to have a house covered in mess and toys grin

Ringsender2 Sat 21-Nov-20 17:52:54

That's good OP. Nothing worse than a poorly and miserable toddler - so pathetic and weedy compared to their normal energetic selves

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in