Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your 18 month old for Christmas?

(11 Posts)
Florencenotflo Wed 18-Nov-20 07:11:22

I'm really stuck for dd2. She'll be 16 months by December, but Dd1 is nearly 5 and we've kept all her old toys, so dd2 really doesn't need anything.

I know she won't know any different but I really want to get her at least a couple of new toys. We have all of dd1's happyland toys, board books and puzzles, interactive toys, ride on toys. I'm just stuck! I'm hoping someone can suggest something I've not thought of!

OP’s posts: |
Bmidreams Wed 18-Nov-20 07:13:23

Mine loved those cheap wooden train sets.

Fleetwoodmacs Wed 18-Nov-20 07:15:17

Do you have

Playmobil 123
Wooden train set
Aquadoodle

All big hits with mine

LikeSilentRaindrops Wed 18-Nov-20 07:16:48

Light up spiky bouncy balls were a hit with my two, plus a cheap inflatable paddling pool blown up with ball pool balls was a great distraction to open and play with on Xmas morning. Magnetic building blocks? Also heard good things about Leapfrog ice cream cart.

Fressia123 Wed 18-Nov-20 07:22:58

Watching with interest although we have the added problem that the dog eats everything!

triceratops12 Wed 18-Nov-20 07:31:23

Play mobile 123
Happy land
Grimms rainbow (although expensive)
Aqua doodle

Florencenotflo Wed 18-Nov-20 09:30:43

Thank you, we do already have most of what's been suggested. I'll have a look at the magnetic building blocks though and the playmobil 123!

@LikeSilentRaindrops the ice cream cart is good. Dd1 got one a few years ago and she still plays with it every week. Dd2 loves it as well.

OP’s posts: |
ivfbabymomma1 Wed 18-Nov-20 10:08:41

A small rocking horse, a ride on police car, some vetec sets, some of them colouring sets with invisible ink, a train set, some Thomas & peppa pig bits x

CoffeeWithMyOxygen Wed 18-Nov-20 10:12:28

Maybe one of the Oribel Vertiplay toys - they stick on the wall and are a bit different to the usual offerings. Do you have a Grimms Rainbow? I know it’s seen as a bit of a clichéd “crunchy eco” toy by some but ours is played with constantly by our 18 month old.

HappyPotato Wed 18-Nov-20 10:17:09

A play kitchen, baby doll and some books, plus some little stocking things like spinning tops and bubbles

Wherearefoxssocks Wed 18-Nov-20 10:19:16

We've got DS a sock puppet and some mega bloks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in