Talk

Advanced search

Sleep trouble again

(8 Posts)
StormsDontLastForever Tue 17-Nov-20 23:06:07

I am exhausted all day long, but come night time I can't sleep, legs feel restless at night & no matter what I do I just can't get comfy. Then when I do fall asleep I wake up at least 10 times a night, sometimes waking in a panic, sometimes just so uncomfortable. Have tried sleep hypnosis videos, lavender spray on pillow etc. It's driving me mad 🙃

OP’s posts: |
FortunesFave Wed 18-Nov-20 03:29:44

Do you drink caffeine? Eat after 6.00pm?

lifestooshort123 Wed 18-Nov-20 06:31:27

Try to break the cycle with an antihistamine - 10g of phenergan is good. If you're uncomfortable would a mild pain killer help? A good night's sleep is so important mentally and physically that the odd tablet once a week won't hurt.

StormsDontLastForever Wed 18-Nov-20 22:01:26

@FortunesFave yes I drink caffeine and eat my last meal around 6pm.

@lifestooshort123 thank you I will give it a go.

Literally at the end of my tether, constantly exhausted and drained. Have started stress eating when I wake during the night and throughout the day as I am so exhausted and have 10000 things going on in my head, I know it's stress eating cause it happens when I'm stressed and tired.

OP’s posts: |
StartingGrid Wed 18-Nov-20 22:12:23

Antihistamines will make the restless legs worse. Magnesium (better you spray is good) and Vitamin D in reasonable doses should help.

FortunesFave Wed 18-Nov-20 22:23:26

You need to stop the coffee....my husband is so sensitive to both coffee and alcohol that he's had to entirely give them both up. Now he sleeps though.

Guineapigbridge Thu 19-Nov-20 03:02:45

Stop ALL coffee after midday. Just stop it. Have one or two in the morning adn that's it.

Then, cherry juice or a warm milk at night before bed. Magnesium tablets can help too.

Aquamarine1029 Thu 19-Nov-20 03:49:04

Peri-menopause?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in