Talk

Advanced search

How to stop myself from looking like a complete moron in work tomorrow? Please help!!!

(5 Posts)
Nightmarrreee Tue 17-Nov-20 22:16:09

I started a new job a couple of months back in a school. The business manager was off at the time and whoever created an email account for me didnt pass my logins on to me. She returned to work and i let her know i didnt have any email logins. She managed to access my account and change the password and gave me a note of the new logins, which i thanked her for.

The next day, i realised i had misplaced the piece of paper she wrote this on, so i went to her office and apologised profusely and she changed the password again and wrote them down for me once again. I managed to login but I am also a student so I have another of the same type of email account. When I attempted to change the password, I kept getting errors telling me it wasnt suitable. I finally found one that met the criteria and set it for the computer to remember it.

I have then gone to login to my emails tonight and the laptop has no record of my password and stupidly i forgot to write it down. I have now locked my account and so will need to go back to the business manager and ask her to reset it AGAIN!!!!

I feel like such an idiot and I know im going to look like a complete moron. Its making me so anxious about going in tomorrow sad I have absolutely loads on my plate just now and normally function like a normal human being but im just so cross with myself and cant see a way to handle this one without looking entirely useless. Any words of wisdom?

OP’s posts: |
Woahisme Tue 17-Nov-20 22:19:39

Ah shit, it is hard but try not to sweat it. Only words of wisdom I can think of right now is that by next week this won't matter. We all make mistakes. Try not to worry.

FakeFlamingo Tue 17-Nov-20 22:31:14

Say you got locked out of your email as it didn't recognise your password. Less painful, same result.

Sycamoretrees Tue 17-Nov-20 22:33:58

Can you not get IT to help you out rather than the business manager? Might be less embarrassing, they'll be used to reseting students passwords every five minutes.

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Tue 17-Nov-20 22:39:44

If it makes you feel better - I started a new job last year & in the first week had a major major personal life crisis- spent the first month there crying, on my phone, hungover blush - I also made a couple of quite big mistakes!!
A year later- I still have my job, and I’m actually a good member of staff (management must be quite surprised by this after my appalling start grin)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in