Talk

Advanced search

Curry recipe thats easy to eat after dental surgery

(10 Posts)
Molly333 Tue 17-Nov-20 20:06:52

Hello i have had dental surgery and am looking to food that i can pretty much swallow . After days of loads of soft dairy im desperate for taste. I really fancy a curry, does anyone have ideas to inspire me? im happy with vegetarian or meat but it must slip down . Thank sooooo much for any ideas

OP’s posts: |
PurpleDaisies Tue 17-Nov-20 20:11:45

What about something like a butternut squash Thai style curry, maybe with chick peas?
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pumpkin-curry-chickpeas

Or a daal could be a good option?
www.tinnedtomatoes.com/2013/10/spinach-and-coconut-dal.html?m=1

Glamflimfloogety Tue 17-Nov-20 20:13:39

Aubergine curry
- Roast an aubergine in a pan in the hob, then peel off the skin
- Fry some onions in a pan until brown, add in garlic and ginger paste. Fry together for about 5 mins
- Add in all the insides from the aubergine, should be nice and gooey
- Add tomato passata
- Season to preference (we use garam masala and chilli powder with a pinch of salt)
-Heat until the curry has thickened to preference

-Serve with rice. You could over cook the rice to really soften it and mush it up

RoseDog Tue 17-Nov-20 20:16:05

My ds had dental surgery last year and I just blended curry and lasagne for him, another thing he liked was braised sausages with lots of mash and gravy!

Molly333 Tue 17-Nov-20 20:16:54

Oh these are fab already thank you . Please keep any ideas coming thanks so much

OP’s posts: |
Glamflimfloogety Tue 17-Nov-20 20:19:02

Also have a look in the international aisle for Maggi Noodles (meri masala flavour). You can make them into soupy noodles. I lived off these for about a week when I had my wisdom teeth out and couldn't chew

LittleOverwhelmed Tue 17-Nov-20 20:19:36

Not curry, but a really good spaghetti bolognese (mince, well broken up and slow cooked for hours) with spaghetti (cut up into little bits) is good after dental surgery (I had 4 teeth removed a few years ago).

Get better soon flowers

Jinglebellissimo Tue 17-Nov-20 20:20:18

I’d maybe stick with vegetable curry. I did a spinach and tomato one earlier this week - so very easy to swallow!

Chailatte20 Tue 17-Nov-20 20:27:31

Keema curry aka mince and peas curry.
Fry onions, garlic & ginger with salt and pepper to taste. Sliced chillies if you have any.
When soft add 1 tsp each of curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garaam masaala & chilli or paprika powder.
Add a generous dollop of tomato puree & a bit of water if spice base is dry. Cook for 10 mins stirring occasionally.

Brown the mince is a separate pan, drain the fat and add to the spice pan. Cook for 15 mins and then add peas or Sweetcorn or tinned chick peas & half to a full tin of Toms depending on your taste.

Cook for a further 10 mins & add chopped coriander leaves and a squirt of lemon juice.

Serve with rice and dhaal.

Chailatte20 Tue 17-Nov-20 20:29:51

You could leave in slow cooker after the adding the mince & veg to spice base. Cook on low in the slow cooker for a few hours. Add a whole tin of Toms then and a splash of water if it gets too dry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in