Advanced search


(4 Posts)
Jodiebentleyellie Tue 17-Nov-20 17:29:32

I’m set too move out for the first time into council housing & my question is that I am currently on the old benefit system as my area hasn’t moved anyone over onto universal credit yet! When I move I will still be in the same area under the same council etc my question is does this trigger the change onto universal credit when I let like tax credits know of my new address etc? Sorry I know might be a really dumb question but really don’t know how it all works and if someone could explain this too me that would be fab! Also know that anyone that does make a new claim automatically gets change onto universal credit
TIA smile

OP’s posts: |
LittleG69 Tue 17-Nov-20 18:16:21

Hi. Are you currently claiming help with housing? If you are and you are staying in the same council area you won’t be moved onto UC

However if you need to make a new claim for housing help you would be moved to UC as it’d be a change in circumstances

raspberryk Tue 17-Nov-20 18:20:54

I thought any change in circs triggered a move to be honest.

Jodiebentleyellie Tue 17-Nov-20 19:42:24

Okay thanks for you’re reply x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in