Talk

Advanced search

single and sexless

(13 Posts)
letmepeeinpeace Tue 17-Nov-20 16:44:53

I have been single for five years. no dating and no sex during that time! I used to not care but now I am feeling a bit lonely (probably due to lockdown). I cannot see me meeting anyone in the future. I guess part of me is just comfortable being single but I do feel that I am constantly busy (four kids). Is there anyone out there that has given up on dating (and sex) or is it weird?!

OP’s posts: |
SuzieQ10 Tue 17-Nov-20 16:59:52

Yes, can imagine 4 kids keep you very busy. Do you look after them full time? Is there any chance to have some time just for yourself?

letmepeeinpeace Tue 17-Nov-20 17:14:22

Not really. I work full time, obviously at home for now! I guess I'm just wondering if it's 'normal' to stay single for so long!

letmepeeinpeace Tue 17-Nov-20 23:12:41

Bump

FredZeppelin Tue 17-Nov-20 23:24:30

I had DS late in life, his father was my last sexual partner so it’s been bloody ages (er 8 years confused)
I’m very independent, men never approach me and tbh at my age I stand no chance of meeting anyone half decent. They’re all married or playing the field from what I can see.
I’ve no interest really, and I don’t see any relationships around me that I actually envy! Happy to remain single smile

StarlightLady Wed 18-Nov-20 03:13:24

I’ve been happily single but sexually active with a number of friendships. I still have needs.

redkenso Wed 18-Nov-20 03:29:06

No, it's not weird. I've got no intention of ever dating or having sex again. I've never missed it.

redkenso Wed 18-Nov-20 03:29:35

FredZeppelin

I had DS late in life, his father was my last sexual partner so it’s been bloody ages (er 8 years confused)
I’m very independent, men never approach me and tbh at my age I stand no chance of meeting anyone half decent. They’re all married or playing the field from what I can see.
I’ve no interest really, and I don’t see any relationships around me that I actually envy! Happy to remain single smile

High five grin

Mintjulia Wed 18-Nov-20 03:39:53

I've been single for three years, lone mum of one. I don't have much opportunity to meet anyone either and I loathe internet dating so I've accepted I probably won't have a relationship until DS heads off to university. I think it's increasingly normal.

There are so few genuine or honest men around anyway that it's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a good single life.

Waxonwaxoff0 Wed 18-Nov-20 05:31:15

Me but I've got a child and I've decided that it's best for me and DS that I don't have relationships as I think the negatives outweigh the positives in step parent situations.

I've been single since 2014, I had a FWB for a few years but I got bored of that. Not had sex in 18 months. I don't miss it to be honest.

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Wed 18-Nov-20 08:06:22

Me! I think it's more common than you might realise. If the opportunity for a nice shag with someone not too disgusting ever presents itself it will be nice, but I am not going to go looking for it .

letmepeeinpeace Wed 18-Nov-20 08:26:57

I'm relieved that it's not just me! I'm isolating with the kids and overthinking things! I started worrying that I wasn't "normal" but I guess I am! I've made such a comfy life and like a PP mentioned above I don't have any men interested in me.

FredZeppelin Wed 18-Nov-20 09:43:13

@redkenso high five! grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in