Talk

Advanced search

If you’re shy how did you meet your DP?

(5 Posts)
Owlsonmyroof Tue 17-Nov-20 12:24:05

I was very shy when I was a teenager even now I’m still on the quiet side. I had friends at school and uni but tended to avoid pubs and clubs, I didn’t drink because it made me so ill. For the longest time I felt invisible to boys at university. Years later I learned that some of the boys I knew did like me but that I never made myself available by being at night out, I used to go to the cinema on my own, I’m also a bit of a loner by nature.

In the end I started dating my equally shy husband when a mutual friend realised we both liked each other and gave my husband my telephone number, he then called and asked me out. Prior to this I had been asked out but not by anyone I actually liked,

If DH hadn’t called I might still be single! So if your shy or a loner how did you meet your DP?

OP’s posts: |
RufustheSniggeringReindeer Tue 17-Nov-20 12:26:11

Worked at halfords as a Saturday job

Used to hide in the staff kitchen as it was quite boy heavy in the actual staff room

He kept coming in to get tea...he drank a lot of tea and bought for all his friends weirdly 😀

sueelleker Tue 17-Nov-20 15:26:15

My BIL changed jobs, and started working with him. Mentioned that he wanted to see a particular film, and I said "ask if he wants to go with me". I don't know what came over me, as I was very shy, and never had a boyfriend; but we met at my sister's house and took it from there. Now married 45 years!

MrsJunglelow Tue 17-Nov-20 21:56:06

Internet.

badlydrawnbear Tue 17-Nov-20 22:14:49

Online. Not on an online dating site. We were friends online for a while before he persuaded me to meet him, then we were friends 'in real life' for a bit before becoming more than just friends.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in