Talk

Advanced search

Dolls house or Barbie house.

(5 Posts)
secretgirl Thu 12-Nov-20 12:44:53

I have a little girl just gone 4 who loves all sorts of dolls. She has baby born etc and can't decide between a dolls house or barbie house.
Any advice or recommendations for one.
Thank so much x

OP’s posts: |
Mumdiva99 Thu 12-Nov-20 13:15:51

My daughter loves barbies and loves her barbie house. We were luckily given it.....they are little more than plastic frames with papery/plastic walls. In no way worth the extortionate price they command. However, saying that.....if I'd known how much she loved it and has played with it....I wouldnhave just given in and bought the Barbie Dream House with a lift when she was 4. It would easily have been worth the £200 plus it costs.

If your daughter is not a gentle child go with a wooden dolls house as the barbie one might brake. Also if she likes lots of small dolls go with a wooden one. But if she is barbie obsessed and you can afford it and have space then consider the barbie one.

secretgirl Thu 12-Nov-20 13:19:56

Thanks for the reply.

Yes they are so expensive and big! She's also not a very gentle child smile

Whatsnewpussyhat Thu 12-Nov-20 13:25:53

You can get wooden barbie size houses. Like kidcraft. Asda do a couple of nice ones too.
The plastic barbie ones are little more that a frame with printed cardboard inserts. Prices are ridiculous.

secretgirl Mon 16-Nov-20 20:00:37

Thanks for the advice all. Dolls house i think it is x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in