Talk

Advanced search

Are you a Naked Angel?

(33 Posts)
multivac Mon 02-Nov-20 09:52:18

I'm just about to put an order in, and I want to step out of my comfort zone a little; any wine recommendations for someone who loves a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and is a bit scared of anything else...

(And for those who aren't Naked Angels.... same question, please!)

OP’s posts: |
Shoxfordian Mon 02-Nov-20 10:21:13

I am!
I love Arabella Chenin Blanc, its our usual go to dry white wine, very easy to drink several bottles though. Sancerre is lovely as well but more expensive. I like Picpoul as well but it's not as dry

multivac Mon 02-Nov-20 10:55:00

Ah, thanks Shox - that's reminded me that we do like a bit of Arabella, too...

BuggerBognor Mon 02-Nov-20 11:00:33

I’ve had some incredible Alsace Gewutztraminer from Naked. Amazing complexity and just off-dry. Got me through lockdown #1.

sashh Mon 02-Nov-20 11:03:51

Have you ordered before? They are pretty good on the recommendations.

MintyCedric Mon 02-Nov-20 11:47:41

I am although have only had the intro box so far...letting my subs accumulate to buy a case for Christmas and also love a Marlborough SB so will watch with interest.

I liked the Arabella Sauvignon Blanc and if you fancy trying a red the Castillo Canadian Tempranillo was good.

MintyCedric Mon 02-Nov-20 11:48:36

Castillo Catadan not Canadian!

ChasedByFox Mon 02-Nov-20 11:58:21

I was wondering how tempranillo could be produced in Canada!

CupboardMonsterMash Mon 02-Nov-20 12:06:31

I have been but not now as I find The Wine Society suits me better as I have progressed in my wine education. I used to love Liam McElhinney's Sauvignon blanc, he's an outstanding winemaker.

CupboardMonsterMash Mon 02-Nov-20 12:08:30

Oh and stick a bottle of Albariño in your basket, gorgeous wines and definitely not scary.

AnnaBegins Mon 02-Nov-20 12:09:05

Yes! Anything by Benjamin darnault is fab. The arabella ones are good value. I really like kimbao too, and bruwer raats.
If you're an angel you get a monthly freebie if you order. I do an order about once every 5 months.

QuentinWinters Mon 02-Nov-20 12:10:18

I'm a red drinker, Carlos Rodriguez rioja and Christian Patat appasimento are my favourites.

AnnaBegins Mon 02-Nov-20 12:10:45

Sorry just realised you already use it. Have you tried the virgile joly whites too? And I do think chenin blanc is nice if you like sauvignon.

nixso29 Mon 02-Nov-20 12:16:29

I've recently got back into wine again after many years of avoidance (the wine hangovers are leathal!) Following with interest as I am also a Marlborough lover but trying to broaden my horizons!

Gotthetshirt23 Mon 02-Nov-20 12:22:47

Joining - love NZ Sauv Blanc grin

EggbertHeartsTina Mon 02-Nov-20 12:29:43

Joining - just became an Angel halo. I am more of a red lover. Just had the F. Stephen Millier Angels Reserve Lodi Shiraz which I thought was very drinkable.

I’m doing the Wine Genie 12 bottles per month.

cheeseismydownfall Mon 02-Nov-20 12:51:45

I like the Small & Small whites that I've tried.

CupboardMonsterMash Mon 02-Nov-20 14:48:21

One of the wines I miss is Richard Kershaw's Elgin Chardonnay, wow is that extraordinary value.
The Moulin vintage champagne is beautiful, a stunning wine.

MNOverinvestor Mon 02-Nov-20 18:36:21

This has been a great prod - my free bottle was a Benjamin Darnault cremant and so...

ghostyslovesheets Mon 02-Nov-20 18:43:23

I am - my favourites are Mas Sardana Cava and Arabella Pinotage

Fauvist Mon 02-Nov-20 19:22:53

cheeseismydownfall

I like the Small & Small whites that I've tried.

Me too, they are really good.

Fauvist Mon 02-Nov-20 19:23:19

Also agree with the Benjamin Darnault love!

multivac Tue 03-Nov-20 10:00:50

Thanks all - I've slipped some Darnault in my basket, and am experimenting with an Alberino, a Virgile Joly Rose and a complete shot in the dark: Reserve de Pierre Viognier..... Wish me luck!

MintyCedric Tue 03-Nov-20 10:47:25

I've also spent the morning creating a 'Mumsnet Recommendations' case!

AnnaMagnani Tue 03-Nov-20 10:51:11

Used to be but got fed up after too many underwhelming wines. Now mainly buy from Lidl's Wine Tour which has a high rate of winners for v little money.

V classy in this house grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in