Talk

Advanced search

Hygge bands as face mask - does it work?

(10 Posts)
Bluewavescrashing Fri 30-Oct-20 15:29:35

The winter ones look cosy to wear as a snood around your neck and then pull up over your nose and mouth when you need to. But do they stay up?

OP’s posts: |
ScrapThatThen Fri 30-Oct-20 15:33:44

They need to be doubled or tripled to be effective as an early study showed they were not effective and potentially worse than nothing by creating small aerosols of virus. But yes, they stay up, provide a face covering and I use them.

Bluewavescrashing Fri 30-Oct-20 16:06:07

OK, thanks.

Bluewavescrashing Fri 30-Oct-20 16:16:47

The winter ones look quite a lot thicker so should be more effective as a face covering.

FatGirlShrinking Fri 30-Oct-20 16:18:00

They do but they're rubbish if you wear glasses, they get very steamed up.

Bluewavescrashing Fri 30-Oct-20 16:20:10

No glasses here luckily! I've just ordered 4 for £21.

ohhwoooooooooooooo Fri 30-Oct-20 23:17:46

I just went on there and it's says buy one get 3 free, is that legit? Is it what you did ? Annoying as I just ordered 2 gaiters as gifts from Buff. Hmmmm weather to go for these instead as well ?

Fairybatman Fri 30-Oct-20 23:20:36

But one get 3 free is legit but buffs are a lot better. I was
Really disappointed with them. Raw edges, sweaty material and too small for my giant suede head.

ohhwoooooooooooooo Fri 30-Oct-20 23:26:12

@Fairybatman ahhh you've made me feel better then thanks ! Buffs prob, better as gifts. It's for two hard to buy for, got everything teenagers. Sending abroad so being organised as lack of internal flights. Really want some gaiters for me, I just can't justify it at Christmas. I do love buying presents, but I'd rather spend the money on me ! I've been cut down who I'm buying for this year and probably offended a few members of my family telling them that in the process.

DelphineWalsh Sat 31-Oct-20 00:08:53

I've been using one as a face covering this whole time. They work in the sense that they stay up and you can pull them that little bit higher so they can sit under glasses and not steam up at all. As well as this they're kind of loose around the chin so don't over heat and give that suffocating feeling . DH prefers this too as it doesn't crush his long beard like the conventional masks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in