Talk

Advanced search

Worried about lumpy boob

(9 Posts)
Oddity25 Thu 29-Oct-20 08:53:13

One of my breast feels harder in the top section than the other. I dont know if its just harder breast tissue or a lump. If I felt it on it's own i would think it just felt like breast tissue but compared to the other one I'm panicking it is just a lump. I have phoned the GP but they have basically told me to check again in a couple of weeks before they'll see me. I'm really worrying about it though and can't stop prodding and poking. I am on my period at the moment and I stopped breast feeding 7 months ago.

Is it normal to have different pockets of breast tissue in boobs, so they feel different?

OP’s posts: |
FoxtrotOscarPoppet Thu 29-Oct-20 09:00:02

I had this just over a year ago - it felt like a hard ridge in the top of one breast.
Don’t be fobbed off. If you’re worried, go back to the GP.
I was checked by GP and referred to the breast clinic. They saw me within a week and were fab. Very thorough. Thankfully it was nothing to worry about. The consultant said some women have “lumpy” textured breasts and it’s one of the ways things can change after having a baby.
If you’re worried, get it checked. x

Standrewsschool Thu 29-Oct-20 09:53:59

Go to the gp. Hopefully it’s nothing to worry about but worth checking out. It’s quite normal to be referred under the ‘two week wait’ rule for breast concerns but the majority of suspicious boobs turn out to be something innocent - cysts, blocked milk ducts, etc.

BearSoFair Thu 29-Oct-20 10:12:12

I had similar about 5 years ago. Referred to the breast clinic, was examined and had an ultrasound but no biopsy, they were happy to say from the feel and description that it was a fibroadenoma. Still have it but am only aware of it in the lead up to a period! Do push to see a GP though, even if it's something harmless it's better to know and be able to put your mind at rest.

OverTheRainbow88 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:14:27

I have lumpy boobs which got lumpier after stopping feeding. The key thing is to know your lumps and realise any change in them.
Saying that I’ve been seen by the great clinic and had a scan so now I know these lumps are fine and where they are I check for change.

If I were you I would ask to be seen and referred for reassurance and then you know what your boobs feel like.

Oddity25 Thu 29-Oct-20 10:26:19

Thank you for the replies. I've phoned again and am waiting for the GP to phone back. I'd rather get it checked and I'd rather get myself into a position where I know what my boobs feel like now that I've finally stopped breastfeeding. Finding it very scary that one feels different to the other though

OP’s posts: |
FoxtrotOscarPoppet Thu 29-Oct-20 13:10:18

@Oddity25 it is very scary but it is better to get it checked.

If you’re happy to, please let us know how you get on. flowers

lazarusb Thu 29-Oct-20 13:26:11

I found a lump last Friday. Rang the GP, had a blood test yesterday and they have urgently referred me to the breast clinic. No pain or discharge though and I'm peri-menopausal.

Clearly, yours could easily be hormonal or related to breast feeding but definitely insist your GP makes a referral to the breast clinic. It's definitely worth getting it checked. Better to find out it's nothing to be worried about.

GrannyWeatherwaxsBroomstick Thu 29-Oct-20 13:39:13

Keep pushing until you get it checked properly, the relief if you are told it’s nothing to worry about will be immense. And if it is, well you can start getting it dealt with.
Really hope it’s nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in