Talk

Advanced search

Ca I hire an air fryer?

(16 Posts)
Icanseewhyichangednyusername Wed 28-Oct-20 11:58:04

Didn’t mean the title to rhyme! But that’s the quandary.

I’ve got my eye on the Nina food I all in one.

I like the idea of making low fat Chips and roast chicken etc and meals for one as I live alone.

However! Is it another gadget I will buy for it to break/sit on the counter not used etc???

I wondered if there was places that do hiring for domestic use or if somewhere like QVC that have no quibble returns if you use it and decide to return it?

Any suggestions welcome! X

OP’s posts: |
Dreading2020sSeasonFinale Wed 28-Oct-20 12:19:12

Look on Facebook market place, pick up a second hand 'used once' one for a tenner and get rid the same way as soon as you realise you also will never use it.

CCSS15 Wed 28-Oct-20 14:52:20

I'm after the ninja foodi too and keep debating on whether I would use or not. I have an actifry and we use it all the time especially for smaller things rather than turning on the entire oven and roasted veg is great in it.
Hope someone has an answer as I want to try one too

YouKidsIsCrazy Wed 28-Oct-20 14:53:30

Just buy one, you don't need a fancy one. I have a cheap huge one from Amazon and I use it almost every day, best gadget I ever bought.

Icanseewhyichangednyusername Wed 28-Oct-20 15:03:11

Thank you all! I think I’m erring between Dreading2020sSeasonFinale idea of being cheap and cheerful (either second hand or basic model, Facebook marketplace selling at almost full price near where I am! Might as well by brand new with warranty etc)

Or just get all singing all dancing air-fry and pressure cooker all in one number.

QueenOfPain Wed 28-Oct-20 15:07:23

I’ve got the ninja food one, had it about 3 weeks and must have used it 20 times already. It’s fab.
Have made chips, sausage rolls, reheated takeaway pizza, cooked a variety of beige freezer food, made garlic pizza bread, cooked raw sausages from scratch and all kinds of other things.

It’s really easy to clean and I’m loving it.

HelloDulling Wed 28-Oct-20 15:10:18

Lakeland let you return for up to 3 years if you are not happy with a product.

GeorgiaGirl52 Wed 28-Oct-20 15:18:57

My daughter got one last Christmas. Loves it, uses it everyday for everything. She got me one for Mother's Day. I have used it twice. The food tastes burned, not fried. (Of course, the burning could have been my fault, but I am not motivated to learn how to use it.) If you were closer, I would gladly give you mine!

Floralnomad Wed 28-Oct-20 15:23:01

I was given a Ninja Foodi for Christmas last year ( didn’t ask for it my dsis thought I’d like it , ) and unfortunately the beep it makes when you switch it on upset my usually very sensible dog so much that we’ve now sold it having used it about 4 times . The point of the story being that I got about £10 less for it second hand than the cost of a new one so I’d say buy one and if you don’t like it just sell it on .

Icanseewhyichangednyusername Fri 30-Oct-20 12:30:05

GeorgiaGirl52

My daughter got one last Christmas. Loves it, uses it everyday for everything. She got me one for Mother's Day. I have used it twice. The food tastes burned, not fried. (Of course, the burning could have been my fault, but I am not motivated to learn how to use it.) If you were closer, I would gladly give you mine!

Thanks georgiagirl! Thats my fear but i think I'm going to give it a go..... you know it is christmas around the corner, I'm thinking of putting it on my list for santa!

Icanseewhyichangednyusername Sun 01-Nov-20 23:10:31

So an update! I’ve decided I’m going for it..... Amazon have a discount and also doing monthly instalments which makes it much more affordable.

My question is, they appear to make all the components of a full meal but how do you keep it all warm? So say I want to steam some veg, roast some meat and make air fries..... (weird meal but let’s go with it hypothetically) how could I use the machine to prep at the same time? Would I steam the veg take them out out roast the meat take them out cook the fries take them out? Surely not only would the food go cold in between it would also take for-bloody-ever?!!!

CCSS15 Wed 04-Nov-20 16:01:56

Come back and update once you've had a play with it - im still on the fence with it

longcoffee Wed 04-Nov-20 16:07:31

Got one last week in b&m for £35. It's bloody HUGE, but does make decent chips (DH commandeered it, I have no idea how hard it was)

Icanseewhyichangednyusername Wed 04-Nov-20 21:56:31

Will do! It’s coming this weekend so I can have a play.
The deciding factor is the one regarding how to make a meal with it......!it says something like you can “make the main and sides all in one” but I don’t really understand how that works if you’ve got different functions etc. If I can only make one thing at a time..... strong chance it becomes an expensive charity donation
Oh well here goes nothing

timegoesbysoslowly Wed 04-Nov-20 22:10:33

I recently got a ninja foodi a couple off weeks ago. Not used my oven since. It is mainly just me and I love it

There's plenty off recipes out there, mainly American but u can easily convert them.

There is a uk site but there's not many recipes https://ninja-recipes.uk/recipes/ but I cooked a roast dinner recipe from this site, just in the ninja foodi.

Next day had leftover chicken (takes about 3 mins to reheat) after preheating the air fryer. I had frozen oven chips, cooks in 10m and reheated the chicken in same pot for last 3 mins.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to experiment, the booklet gives you a lot off different cooking times.

As said I love it and when it's just me (Dp works away). It makes be have a cooked dinner, rather then having something on toast as can't be arsed to cook.

Icanseewhyichangednyusername Tue 10-Nov-20 20:19:13

timegoesbysoslowly

I recently got a ninja foodi a couple off weeks ago. Not used my oven since. It is mainly just me and I love it

There's plenty off recipes out there, mainly American but u can easily convert them.

There is a uk site but there's not many recipes ninja-recipes.uk/recipes/ but I cooked a roast dinner recipe from this site, just in the ninja foodi.

Next day had leftover chicken (takes about 3 mins to reheat) after preheating the air fryer. I had frozen oven chips, cooks in 10m and reheated the chicken in same pot for last 3 mins.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to experiment, the booklet gives you a lot off different cooking times.

As said I love it and when it's just me (Dp works away). It makes be have a cooked dinner, rather then having something on toast as can't be arsed to cook.

Thank you for this. I’ve just been fiddling about trying to get to grips with it. So far I’m a bit underwhelmed! Oh dear! User friendly and good results but seems it’s no less hassle than cooking in the oven. Will persevere of course but I’m disappointingly sceptical.

Oh by the way, how do you clean the lids??? I think they are the only accessory that can’t go in dishwasher but I can’t work out how I would easily and hygienically clean it each use?
Any tips would be much appreciated

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in