Talk

Advanced search

Really struggling with my mental health today

(18 Posts)
mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:45:20

Just need to vent here. Feeling so so low this morning, I could barely get out of bed to start the day. Starting work also felt like such a chore, like I just couldn't bring myself to face it. It was really challenging to even log onto my laptop.

I have this horrible feeling in my chest that I can't explain, not a pain, but it just feels really heavy. I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm desperate for help and I feel trapped in my own mind. Have felt like this for months and I can't handle it anymore.

Have already spoken to my GP once who believed going on the contraceptive pill would help regulate my hormones and improve my mood. It hasn't worked and I feel worse than ever. I feel like I've lost my sparkle and I'm a shell of my previous self, I don't know who I am anymore sad

I can't even get through to my GP, the line has been busy for the last hour. I need a handhold, anybody?

OP’s posts: |
mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 10:51:40

Anyone here? sad

MisiSam Wed 28-Oct-20 10:54:13

You poor thing, I'm not very good at saying the right thing but there will be better days, can you do something nice for yourself? Get into bed and read or buy yourself some chocolate and watch a comedy. Helps me sometimes 💐

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:01:40

@MisiSam Thank you for replying thanks I wish I could get in bed but unfortunately I have a DC to look after and I'm WFH sad

Disneyprincess101 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:05:37

Take a deep breath, make yourself a cup of tea and just take five minutes. Really sorry that you’re feeling like this. Do you have anybody IRL that you can call or that can come and keep you company for today. Do you have any coping mechanisms that help. I find going for a walk or listening to music or an audiobook can help calm me down.

I know it’s frustrating but keep trying the gp’s. You could also look into getting some counselling, therapy for you is the nhs one and you can self refer so no need to wait for the go.

I’m here though if you find it easier to talk to someone on here.

1990s Wed 28-Oct-20 11:06:15

I’m here. I feel like this too, all too frequently.

For today, can you call in sick to work to give yourself a break? Mental health is a reason to be off too, not that you need to tell them that but it is valid.

Going forward CBT is often suggested and successful for a lot of people. Do you have any money you could put towards some sessions? If not but you felt you could convince yourself to do it there are some resources online and apps like Sanvello which guide you through the process.

You do have to be able to motivate yourself to manage to do the process though, which I struggle with myself!

You’re not alone daffodil

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:26:03

Managed to get through to the GP who said they had no appointments for another week, told them I honestly cannot wait that long for my own sanity sad

DinosaurOfFire Wed 28-Oct-20 11:31:23

Something that stood out is the comment about the pill. The contraceptive pill contains progesterone, which acts as a depressant in many women, so if you are depressed or feeling low already then this probably isn't helping.

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:34:55

@DinosaurOfFire Oh really? Now that you mention it I do feel like how I'm feeling has gotten worse since starting the pill sad

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 11:45:17

Was hoping for some more responses of people's experiences. @MNHQ - could you move this to the Mental Health board please?

Monstermuncher Wed 28-Oct-20 11:51:55

Hi Mozzzy, you're not alone in feeling this way. Lots of people (myself included) have felt their mental health decline in the last few months. WFH whilst a good thing for keeping your job going can be isolating. I find that getting out for some fresh air each day makes a big difference, on the days when I don't go outside, everything seems much harder.
Hope you can get through to your GP soon

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:33:01

mozzzy1 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:33:24

Thank you @Monstermuncher thanks

Strawberry4561 Wed 28-Oct-20 12:39:22

You’re not well today, sweetheart. When I feel like this nothing helps other than relieving myself of some of my responsibilities and then having a good rest. Maybe email your manager saying you’ve got a sick bug and feel too unwell to work. Is there anyone that can look after DC? Then perhaps consider stopping taking the pill, it sounds like it’s not helping. You don’t have to wait until the end of the packet to stop. Remind yourself that this will pass and soon you’ll feel much better x

AtrociousCircumstance Wed 28-Oct-20 12:44:56

Come off the pill. It’s complete trial and error when GPs prescribe them. It’s not working for you (which is it out of interest? I’m thinking of changing mine).

Sorry you feel so crap flowers It’s horribly hard - and wfh whilst looking after your DC is too much. Will your DC be going back to school next week? If so that’s something to focus on, some routine and space.

Just try to string together little not-awful moments. Nice cup of tea, a treat, listen to a podcast you love (try Rangan Chatterjees Feel Better Live More if you haven’t already). Meditate, music, warm shower, little moments that feel less awful.

Hang on in there OP, your mood will change brew

bellinique Wed 28-Oct-20 12:57:48

The pill had a profoundly negative impact on my mental health and I would never take it again personally. It's definitely worth looking at how much that is contributing to your mood thanks

DinosaurOfFire Wed 28-Oct-20 13:41:05

@mozzzy1 I have had to avoid all hormonal contraception as a result, like a pp I will never take the pill again. The current situation is having a negative effect on a lot of people's mental health, and I speak for myself in that too. Can you take a sick day? As you're not well and you really do need a break- even if that break is films on the sofa with your child, a duvet and a packet of biscuits. Just to give your mind a chance to heal

AtrociousCircumstance Fri 30-Oct-20 12:08:39

How are you mozzzy ?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in