Talk

Advanced search

Amazon delivery man came to the door as I was watching The Human Centipede

(71 Posts)
Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:18:58

Argh, I wish I paused it before answering the door, there's a good view of our wall mounted tv from the open front door.

I hope he's seen it before and knows it's a film.

OP’s posts: |
Muddybuddy Tue 27-Oct-20 19:20:11

Eugh. I once googled what the film was about and haven’t been able to forget it since

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Tue 27-Oct-20 19:20:29

YABVVVVVVVU to watch that at all.

What did he see?

AliceAforethought Tue 27-Oct-20 19:20:43

What else was he likely to think it was? A home video?confused

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:23:38

I don't think there are many other similar films, most horror film fans know it I think?

It was the bit with him trying to get them to walk around the garden.

DifficultPifcultLemonDifficult Tue 27-Oct-20 19:23:53

Last week 2 blokes came in to deliver a bed, I was watching OITNB 1 second after they were theough the door the loudest shagging in the world came on the TV. It was hilarious, as we all awkwardly pretended not to notice.

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:24:10

AliceAforethought

What else was he likely to think it was? A home video?confused

grin

I fucking hope not!

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:26:57

Muddybuddy

Eugh. I once googled what the film was about and haven’t been able to forget it since

You should see the sequels then.

AcornAutumn Tue 27-Oct-20 19:28:00

OMG

I was upset when I heard about that film, I read the article thinking “I hope my parents don’t hear about this film”.

That was a few years ago and I have definitely changed but I still don’t understand the appeal. One friend told me it was a known trope from banned films in the past?

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:30:11

AcornAutumn

OMG

I was upset when I heard about that film, I read the article thinking “I hope my parents don’t hear about this film”.

That was a few years ago and I have definitely changed but I still don’t understand the appeal. One friend told me it was a known trope from banned films in the past?

I heard that the writers idea for the film came from a pub discussion about what should be done to paedophiles in prison.

fantasmasgoria1 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:36:13

I can't stand to watch those films. They are sick in my opinion!

anniversarywoes Tue 27-Oct-20 19:37:23

Nothing to add but that's one hell of a thread title you've got going on there!! grin

TheFormerPorpentinaScamander Tue 27-Oct-20 19:38:15

I watched the first film and didn't think it was as bad as a friend had described.
Decided to watch the 2nd and just couldn't get through it. I don't know why it seemed so much worse!

JesusInTheCabbageVan Tue 27-Oct-20 19:38:25

I expect he's wondering what was in the parcel he delivered to you. Hope it wasn't a sewing kit.

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:39:31

I'd ordered Xmas wrapping paper in bulk and a Pokemon lamp.

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:41:08

TheFormerPorpentinaScamander

I watched the first film and didn't think it was as bad as a friend had described.
Decided to watch the 2nd and just couldn't get through it. I don't know why it seemed so much worse!

The second one is so much worse. I'm a fairly hardy horror veteran and it made me feel a bit vomity.

MiriamMargo Tue 27-Oct-20 19:45:21

OMG why would you want to watch such a sick film?

AliceAforethought Tue 27-Oct-20 19:47:44

I've watched tons of horror, but draw the line at The Human Centipede (any number thereof!)

It's not the fear and dread (which I love with most horror) but the grossness. I can no longer stomach it as I could in my youth!

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:49:29

MiriamMargo

OMG why would you want to watch such a sick film?

Why does anyone watch Hostel, Saw, Audition, Clockwork Orange, Splatter, etc?

Mylittlepony374 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:52:26

I watched human centipede. Years ago. It's still etched in my mind. So much I had a little retch reading the thread title.

MrsGulDukat Tue 27-Oct-20 19:53:13

If anyone thinks Human Centipede is sick, then dont bloody watch Serbian Film. Infact, dont even fucking google it.

ThistleWitch Tue 27-Oct-20 19:54:15

Why does anyone watch Hostel, Saw, Audition, Clockwork Orange, Splatter, etc?

I have no idea!

Those films turn my stomach, and yeah i know different strokes for different folks, but i just dont get it at all

Meowza74 Tue 27-Oct-20 19:55:40

MrsGulDukat

If anyone thinks Human Centipede is sick, then dont bloody watch Serbian Film. Infact, dont even fucking google it.

Yep, that's a really disturbing film. I struggled with it. THC is vaguely comical in comparison.

captainpantbeard Tue 27-Oct-20 19:57:51

I expect he's wondering what was in the parcel he delivered to you. Hope it wasn't a sewing kit
grin

TheFormerPorpentinaScamander Tue 27-Oct-20 19:58:32

MrsGulDukat

Agreed. My friends, who usually downplay how scary/gross a film is to try and persuade me to watch them (warped humour) told me not to Google it! If they say it's bad it must be bad!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in