Talk

Advanced search

How to buy a first bra for my daughter online?

(5 Posts)
everybodysang Tue 27-Oct-20 14:53:21

DD is 9, nearly 10. She's very much showing lots of signs of puberty - spots/greasy skin and hair, pubic and armpit hair, stomach cramps though no period just yet - and along with that, developing breasts. They've been pretty small for the last six months - I bought her some little crop tops/soft bralets because sometimes her nipples were feeling a bit sensitive.

In the last month they've really grown and are quite prominent now. She's feeling a little self conscious as she's the first girl in her class to be going through this (I have to say the school and her teacher are dealing with it so brilliantly and have been really helpful). She's feeling physically a bit uncomfortable and sensitive. We've talked about it lots, she's got books etc and she's asked me if she can get a first bra. I think it's probably quite a good idea - but I don't know where to go. In normal times I'd take her off to M&S and get her measured etc but they're not offering that at the moment. We don't have any other physical shops nearby that sell underwear, unfortunately.

We may still pop into M&S to look at their range, but are there any good resources online anyone can recommend? Could I measure her at home and let her choose something online? I'm lost.

OP’s posts: |
PolarBearStrength Tue 27-Oct-20 15:03:17

Boob or bust:
booborbust.com/

Or
A bra that fits:
www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

Both will likely give you a size that probably doesn’t exist or is very hard to find (as I’m imagining a 9 year old’s rib cage is pretty tiny) but you can definitely use them as a starting point.

Xmasfairy86 Tue 27-Oct-20 15:08:51

I used BOB for my 11 year old and it came out at 26 can’t remember the letter - I think I managed to get a 28 from M&S online.

Xmasfairy86 Tue 27-Oct-20 15:09:21

Sorry - BOB was meant to be followed with Boob or Bust as above!

everybodysang Wed 28-Oct-20 13:31:07

Brilliant - thank you so much, will get measuring and see how we go. Much appreciated.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in