Talk

Advanced search

Please help, first time using the duo instant pot

(6 Posts)
Hellokittymania Mon 26-Oct-20 07:44:27

I’m trying to make chili, I push the chili button, and it’s making a very loud hissing noise… I’m not sure if I put venting or ceiling on. Sorry, I’m officially impaired and I couldn’t even really find the manual so I’m a bit stuck… How long does this need to cook for? I can see the house 30 minutes… Is that all?

When it is done cooking, when can I take a little off? I’m quite nervous… I’m used to the slow cooker, but I’m not used to this.

OP’s posts: |
Hellokittymania Mon 26-Oct-20 07:45:23

Sorry, I am visually impaired!

Hellokittymania Mon 26-Oct-20 07:49:48

From the picture I took, can you see if the button is on the ceiling or the venting mode? I really have no idea. What happens if you cook and it’s on the venting mode? Well it does not cook?

MrsMigginsPie Mon 26-Oct-20 08:12:25

It’s on the sealing mode. There’s a tag around it though so I’d remove that. It could be the tag making it hiss (the tag says to remove it before using). Apparently though, a bit of hissing is ok - and your pressure valve thing on the right is up so it looks like it’s reached and is maintaining pressure ok.

MrsMigginsPie Mon 26-Oct-20 08:14:48

And just to say I wouldn’t remove the tag until after cooking and the pressure has released so you don’t risk burning yourself.

sueelleker Mon 26-Oct-20 16:31:06

After cooking time is finished, wait for the silver button to drop before you remove the lid. 30 minutes cooking should be fine, but you can change the time if you want; most of the buttons are just pre-set times, but you can change them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in