Talk

Advanced search

Xmas gift ideas for the teen who has everything

(23 Posts)
chocolatesaltyballs22 Sun 25-Oct-20 11:05:39

Inspired by another gift ideas thread, I thought I'd start my own. Teenage daughter (17) has asked for money for Christmas. I'd like to buy her a few bits and pieces to open on Christmas Day as well. So far I've thought of hair turbans (she has very long hair which takes ages to dry). She has flippin EVERYTHING! Any ideas for stocking fillers that aren't the usual makeup/toiletries etc?

OP’s posts: |
fussygalore118 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:26:43

My teen is slightly younger, 15 at Xmas time. She's having a dyson air wrap ( although has no clue and is saving hard for one!).
For little bits I've got a lot of Korean and Japanese skin care stuff some kits for bubble tea, nice pens, notebooks etc.... a few books on Japan ( can you sense a theme lol) , and some nike airforce ones she's been coveting..

OnlyToWin Sun 25-Oct-20 12:27:54

Selfie light?

OnlyToWin Sun 25-Oct-20 12:28:31

Stackers jewellery box

OnlyToWin Sun 25-Oct-20 12:29:19

Cabin crew style suitcase on wheels - TK Maxx so some great designs.

Vanity box went down well with one of my teens.

AmIAWeed Sun 25-Oct-20 12:29:27

Beauty box subscription

fussygalore118 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:30:22

Oh and some hair masks, a new denman brush, fluffy socks, scarf, and underwear.

She is getting money from everyone else pretty much and she has a much younger sibling who would be very upset if father Christmas didn't leave her presents like them! So need to have a fair few bits to unwrap! Primark helps bulking up lol pjs, dressing gown etc!

AldiAisleofCrap Sun 25-Oct-20 12:31:41

A beauty Advent Calendar to open all at once in Christmas Day.

GazingAndGrazing Sun 25-Oct-20 12:32:50

Costa voucher
Cashmere socks
Long body length hot water bottle
Marshmallow fluff
Cable knit long cardigan
Private number plate
New clutch bag
Oodie

fussygalore118 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:33:57

Oh I second the Oodie! We bought one for Xmas last year and she wears it ALL THE TIME .. I've been known to nick it...its fab lol

LagneyandCasey Sun 25-Oct-20 12:42:52

Seriously, if she has everything and just wants money then just give money. I had many years of buying my girls fluffy socks, bath bombs and note books that they never used just so they had 'something' to open. It's such a waste (although I like the beauty advent calendar as a Christmas present idea!)

I'm sure she'll have plenty gifts from other family and friends and will be thankful for money from you.

rawlikesushi Sun 25-Oct-20 12:53:58

Magazine subscription
Camera
Bluetooth speaker
Luxury make up - Dior, Chanel
Purse
Tiffany jewellery
Board game
Cinema subscription
Starbucks vouchers
Handbag/backpack
Voucher for spa day/gel nails/hair colour
Bedroom makeover
Dressing table with lightbulb mirror

rawlikesushi Sun 25-Oct-20 12:55:18

Oh just noticed you wanted stocking fillers - you definitely won't get a dressing table in!

mam0918 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:59:09

LagneyandCasey

Seriously, if she has everything and just wants money then just give money. I had many years of buying my girls fluffy socks, bath bombs and note books that they never used just so they had 'something' to open. It's such a waste (although I like the beauty advent calendar as a Christmas present idea!)

I'm sure she'll have plenty gifts from other family and friends and will be thankful for money from you.

But I never get the asking for money thing, if you want money they you want money for something.

Since she is 17 I doubt she desperately 'needs' money for debt and living costs (most 17 years dont live alone yet and she shouldnt even be able to really have 'debt' yet as shes under 18) so she obviously plans to spend the money on something so why cant the mom get her that.

ScrapThatThen Sun 25-Oct-20 13:40:50

I got the grow your own chillies set mentioned on another thread. Thanks for the hair turban idea smile

chocolatesaltyballs22 Sun 25-Oct-20 15:26:54

Thanks everyone. I'm also paying for some driving lessons for her!

OP’s posts: |
CatsMother66 Sun 25-Oct-20 16:32:24

The chocolate Emporium in Brighton does a bag of Lindt Balls in 30 different flavours, fab idea for stocking filer

AldiAisleofCrap Sun 25-Oct-20 16:42:04

Sorry I also missed that it was stocking fillers you wanted.

BaconAndAvocado Sun 25-Oct-20 16:48:59

Omg that Lindt bag of balls looks bloody gorgeous. Do,they deliver?

SoupDragon Sun 25-Oct-20 16:53:36

she obviously plans to spend the money on something so why cant the mom get her that.

When you give money you are also giving the shopping "experience", the mooching with friends, browsing, choosing, deciding on a whim what to buy...

CatsMother66 Sun 25-Oct-20 17:34:05

@BaconAndAvocado, yes they deliver, I’ve ordered some for Christmas gifts and one for myself too as I want to try all the flavours!

www.the-chocolate-emporium.com

Whatwouldnanado Sun 25-Oct-20 19:49:52

Vouchers for coffee shops, Boots, New Look etc.

OnTheBenchOfDoom Sun 25-Oct-20 20:42:13

BaconAndAvocado

Omg that Lindt bag of balls looks bloody gorgeous. Do,they deliver?

@BaconAndAvocado I don't know where you live but there are Lindt shops. They do pick and mix so you can leave out anything you don't like. They also hand out samples! It is heaven.

www.lindt.co.uk/stores

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in