Talk

Advanced search

What to do for special anniversary?

(9 Posts)
rosebb1 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:12:09

Important anniversary coming up, any ideas what to do if the weather is wet? Just the two of us during the day...need a few ideas as would like to make the most of having the whole day to ourselves.

OP’s posts: |
MiddleClassProblem Sun 25-Oct-20 10:13:17

What kind of rules are in your area? Is there anything in particular you or you DP are into?

MiddleClassProblem Sun 25-Oct-20 10:14:41

Oh! And what kind of things do you connect on?

Like you like having a joke about together, talking about history, exploring new places, food etc

rosebb1 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:20:58

We are in the south, so rule of 6 and pubs/restaurants closing at 10pm.

We enjoy lots of different things, eating, drinking, walking, adventure things...hence why it is proving difficult to think of something to do indoors!

rosebb1 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:23:24

We are planning to have breakfast out and maybe pub in the afternoon...but we're struggling with in between those times!

rosebb1 Sun 25-Oct-20 10:23:47

If it's wet weather x

MiddleClassProblem Sun 25-Oct-20 17:42:14

Sorry! Hectic day. Are you physical people? Indoor rock climbing, trampolining, go ape type stuff? Or more ramblers? Are there any escape rooms open near you or would you be interested in doing it from home?

Or a calmer path, museums are open, castles, vineyards, breweries etc

If you give a rough area I’m sure we could find more specific options. Or if you mean do stuff at home.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 25-Oct-20 17:43:55

Also worth looking if there are any online events for the evening

CovidAnni Sun 25-Oct-20 17:54:21

Namechanged to post this as I told everyone I know about it! We went to midweek Mass at the church we got married at 25 years ago! Summer, just as things were lifting, then lunch out and Eddie Izard doing a socially distanced reading of Great Expectations. Even if the weather is bad you could do lunch and a gallery? And if the weather is bad wrapped at warm sea or woods walk with thermos? More memorable than Paris or Venice!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in