Talk

Advanced search

My sodding fence is about to blow away again

(7 Posts)
JorisBonson Sat 24-Oct-20 19:30:46

The whole thing got destroyed in the storms earlier this year and the 6ft panels are about to go again, meaning my neighbour will be able to see straight into my garden.

Bloody £1500 down the drain.

That's all. Just wanted a moan.

OP’s posts: |
lljkk Sat 24-Oct-20 19:45:00

Sympathy, we had fence trauma for first few yrs I lived in current house. We now have concrete base/posts; have been wonderful even in the recent fierce storms that took down lots of old oak trees.

User0ne Sat 24-Oct-20 20:02:20

I think you need to get some better quality fencing. Unless it's particularly long you could build a really decent fence for £1500. Fence panels are crap.

Witchend Sat 24-Oct-20 20:16:13

Ours went in March. This time we got concrete posts so if the fence goes it should at least be easy to replace.

JorisBonson Sat 24-Oct-20 20:21:01

User0ne

I think you need to get some better quality fencing. Unless it's particularly long you could build a really decent fence for £1500. Fence panels are crap.

DH found the tradesmen. I'll say no more.

MiraWard77 Sat 24-Oct-20 20:31:20

We've had lots of fence issues but haven't wanted to invest in concrete as we vaguely plan to... not live here forever.

DH found these post buddy things. Used a set to repair a post and have used more to reinforce the other posts. We're in a very exposed spot, the winds rip through but the posts have now survived a year of storms and still look ok.

https://postbuddysystem.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsqvsovvN7AIVQ-7tCh1KVw0uEAAYASAAEgJAhDD_BwE

JorisBonson Sun 25-Oct-20 19:36:08

The fence survived, but we lost a flowerpot. RIP flowerpot.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in