Talk

Advanced search

Tesco holidays

(11 Posts)
Whenismumhome Wed 21-Oct-20 13:02:08

Does anyone work here for Tesco or are there any Tesco union workers here?

I have a question regarding the holiday policy that I need answered - not for me but for a family member. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
BarbaraofSeville Wed 21-Oct-20 13:27:07

Wouldn't it be better if your family member directed their question towards either their manager, Tesco HR, their local union rep, or their union HQ?

Whenismumhome Wed 21-Oct-20 13:28:28

BarbaraofSeville

Wouldn't it be better if your family member directed their question towards either their manager, Tesco HR, their local union rep, or their union HQ?

They have but they want to find out more info from another person too

foxyknoxy30 Wed 21-Oct-20 13:42:17

Is it bank or store?

Whenismumhome Wed 21-Oct-20 13:59:36

foxyknoxy30

Is it bank or store?

Store

PleasantVille Wed 21-Oct-20 14:02:22

Why is another employee going to give them the correct answer when they don't think Tesco knows their own policy?

Whenismumhome Wed 21-Oct-20 14:03:10

PleasantVille

Why is another employee going to give them the correct answer when they don't think Tesco knows their own policy?

Because he wants another persons viewpoint on it. It’s really irrelevant. I asked a question and I’m looking for someone to respond not criticise.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 21-Oct-20 14:16:23

Sounds like you're asking around until you get the answer you want to hear.

Why would an opinion from an anonymous random off the internet bear more weight than the official channels, both those on your side and the opposition?

Genuinely curious, btw. It's one those things about Mumsnet that I don't understand - asking factual questions where you have no control over the accuracy of the answers, what purpose does it serve? It's not like your family member can solve whatever issue they have with Tesco by saying 'well someone on Mumsnet who says they also work for Tesco thinks X' is it?

PleasantVille Wed 21-Oct-20 19:56:13

BarbaraofSeville

Sounds like you're asking around until you get the answer you want to hear.

Why would an opinion from an anonymous random off the internet bear more weight than the official channels, both those on your side and the opposition?

Genuinely curious, btw. It's one those things about Mumsnet that I don't understand - asking factual questions where you have no control over the accuracy of the answers, what purpose does it serve? It's not like your family member can solve whatever issue they have with Tesco by saying 'well someone on Mumsnet who says they also work for Tesco thinks X' is it?

ITA, it's such an odd thing to ask, Tesco is a massive employer I'm sure their policies are freely available to all of their 1000s of staff

They won't be open to interpretation or someone else's POV

Whenismumhome Tue 27-Oct-20 20:08:27

Bump

BluebellsareBlue Fri 13-Nov-20 20:44:35

Hey, I've just seen this. I'm operational support at HO dundee...... can I help?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in