Talk

Advanced search

It’s a covid one

(5 Posts)
KingJulianIsMyName Fri 09-Oct-20 11:58:15

One of my colleagues tested positive yesterday. She has not been in the office since the 28th sept. Other colleagues have seen her, they are in the office. The company had paid for everyone to have a private test, tests have been done yesterday afternoon, results back probably within 48 hours. On the NHS we would bit have been eligible for a test as no one is showing symptoms, hence the private test. When we get negative tests we can return. I have not been in contact with the lady who tested positive, I have no symptoms, I only had a test done so we know we can return to the office or not. Should I be self isolating? Should my family be self isolating?Bearing in mind as I said about no symptoms, no contact since the 28th, plus not eligible for a NHS test due to no symptoms. TIA.

OP’s posts: |
H1978 Fri 09-Oct-20 12:01:04

As I understand it you would need to self isolate until you get your results but the rest of your household don’t have to. If you test is positive then the whole household will have to isolate regardless of whether you have symptoms or not.

KingJulianIsMyName Fri 09-Oct-20 12:46:07

Thank you. I was just confused because under the NHS ‘rules’ as I understand them they wouldn’t even test me as I have no symptoms.

Frazzled2207 Fri 09-Oct-20 12:49:24

You’ve not been near her so I would not do anything differently. If you had symptoms you would need to isolate until test result but you wouldn’t be eligible anyway.
I’d carry on as you were. Fingers crossed for a negative soon.

KingJulianIsMyName Fri 09-Oct-20 14:41:46

Thank you. Before this I thought that the rules were pretty black and white but I can see why it gets confusing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in