Talk

Advanced search

I've been scammed haven't I?

(148 Posts)
Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 18:06:29

Ordered from this website 10 days ago. www.infinitydiamondjewellery.com/
No contact since. Item on sale with 50% off. Didn't check website any further. Checked today and 50% off everything incl expensive items.
Scam advisor says dodge 51%

I'm an idiot.

OP’s posts: |
DizzyPigeon Thu 08-Oct-20 18:14:11

Just checked whois.com and the website was only created in August this year.

I suspect you are right. Sorry 😕

MrsGulDukat Thu 08-Oct-20 18:17:09

You might be able to get your money back. How did you pay?

weepingwillow22 Thu 08-Oct-20 18:22:00

The returns address of 67 Kings Street on street view is Midas jewellers in Knutsford. It might be worth trying to contact them.

ChaChaCha2012 Thu 08-Oct-20 18:25:05

They are a registered company, which is a good start. I'd say they're a legitimate business and operate in a DFS-style constant sales.

find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12797300

Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 18:30:04

I paid by credit card. The confirmation email said they would email me when my order is ready. That was 10 days ago. Website says 4-6 days for delivery.
I will contact Midas jewellers in Knutsford tomorrow.
What is DFS-style?

I was scammed before with a superdry rip off website so you would think I might have bloomin learned.

RedPandaFluff Thu 08-Oct-20 18:32:45

If the item was over £100 you do have some protection because you paid by credit card smile

weepingwillow22 Thu 08-Oct-20 18:33:14

You should be covered by your credit card anyway but I suspect in this case it is a legitimate business that is just poor on communication and delivery.

Sophieerica Thu 08-Oct-20 18:34:42

It’s definitely legit. I got a platinum and moissanite ring from there 2 weeks ago

Sophieerica Thu 08-Oct-20 18:40:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Sophieerica Thu 08-Oct-20 18:53:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DizzyPigeon Thu 08-Oct-20 19:10:24

Hmm. Maybe I'm cynical, but someone that appears to be new to mumsnet posts saying its legit, with a contact name and offering a discount code.. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

Websites can see there's been a sudden increase in traffic, and can trace where its from.

I'm hopeful that it's not a scam, based on other people's responses, but I would hold off on ordering until we hear that OP got her order!

altforvarmt Thu 08-Oct-20 19:14:28

Hmm. Maybe I'm cynical, but someone that appears to be new to mumsnet posts saying its legit, with a contact name and offering a discount code.. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

Yes, I feel the same. Alarm bells are ringing.

I really hope the OP gets her money back.

Callipygion Thu 08-Oct-20 19:16:07

This address is at the bottom of their Privacy Policy page

Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at sales@infinitydiamondjewellery.com

71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ

Ethical Gem Company LTD

Sophieerica Thu 08-Oct-20 19:16:22

I’m not new to mumsnet just don’t post then came across this so thought @Dancingwithdaftness would like to hear that I got my order. I’ve got 3 daughters, Tina Flo and Reeva, under 3 years old so always looking things up on here. I’m sure OP will get her order soon smile

Nicknacky Thu 08-Oct-20 19:16:46

Sophieerica Perhaps you could show an email or receipt (personal details scrubbed out obviously) to show posters that you are a genuine customer as I also don’t have faith in that website?

Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 19:23:48

The item I bought (earrings) was £45. Will credit card company still take it up as a dispute? Or do they ignore things under £100?
This is what I 'bought' www.infinitydiamondjewellery.com/products/1-00ct-each-blue-sapphire-classic-round-cut-diamond-halo-stud-earrings-925-sterling-silver?_pos=2&_sid=a2f614d4c&_ss=r

I only contacted them by email and on messenger today. So I suppose they might respond. There was no automatic reply either. How do they have a different address on the website to the registered address then?

Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 19:24:54

The thing that made me question it was that a sale item wasn't in stock to be despatched by now.

Sophieerica Thu 08-Oct-20 19:28:20

@Nicknacky yes sure. How do I upload a picture? I’ll show your my ring too

Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 19:29:31

Coincidence or not, but my phone has just pinged with an email from them saying a shipment is on the way. It's not coming to me though, it's a gift for a friend. I'll update if they ever arrive.

weepingwillow22 Thu 08-Oct-20 19:29:34

There are some reviews here
uk.trustpilot.com/review/infinitydiamondjewellery.com

Registered office addresses are often different to trading addresses

Catawaul Thu 08-Oct-20 19:30:37

What a coincidence!

MoonBaby1 Thu 08-Oct-20 19:30:43

Curiouser and curiouser....

AldiAisleofCrap Thu 08-Oct-20 19:33:27

It’s says shipping two weeks. I think you will get your earrings I do think they will be worth about £10 as costume jewellery.

Dancingwithdaftness Thu 08-Oct-20 19:34:05

One of the negatives Scamadvisor brought up was "We determined this very young site has a very high number of reviews" So I'm going to remain sceptical until the earrings arrive.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in