Talk

Advanced search

PND /going back to work stress?

(3 Posts)
ItWasButIsNot Wed 07-Oct-20 17:04:25

I'm due back at work soon and I have a lot of training to get through coupled with new people up meet etc as I have changed location. I will not be working from home as I do an operational job which covers different shifts. I'm not sleeping well and I'm getting increasingly panicked about leaving my son in the care of others (mixture of family and nursery). I'm checking him in the night constantly to make sure he is still ok. I'm not sure if this is normal return to work stress or tipping into PND/PNA. I don't feel depressed. I feel stressed and unable to keep on top of things all the time.

OP’s posts: |
kithop Thu 08-Oct-20 09:52:01

This sounds familiar to me having returned to work from mat leave recently, and dealt with nursery worries, etc. It is a very difficult transition and particularly so during this pandemic. I think my feelings of anxiety were reasonable under all the circumstances, but I did consider discussing them with the GP if they didn’t settle. If you are unsure or would benefit from extra support, I would contact your GP.

kithop Thu 08-Oct-20 09:52:43

P.s. hugs flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in