Talk

Advanced search

Tween Film Recommendations

(4 Posts)
JustDavesWife Tue 06-Oct-20 20:39:07

Please!

Has anyone got any film/tv series recommendations for a fairly mature just turned 12 year old boy? He has just finished watching all of Fresh Prince and loved it. He doesn't like superheroes (Marvel etc), Harry Potter or cartoons!

I don't mind swearing as he goes to football every weekend with dh and has heard every word out there!

He just asked if he can watch The Inbetweeners which was met with a massive no! Now he has asked about Bad Education but me and dh have never watched it. I found a film called Good Boys which was about a group of 12 year olds but I watched the trailer and they found some anal beads in the parents wardrobe so that's a no 😂

We have Netflix, Sky, Prime and Disney Plus!!

Help!

OP’s posts: |
iklboo Tue 06-Oct-20 20:46:09

If you're ok with swearing Doom Patrol is a good watch. Sort of super heroish but they're flawed characters and as much goes wrong as right. No gung ho everybody wins save the world type stories.

ArtichokeAardvark Tue 06-Oct-20 20:49:57

I assume he's seen classics like the Indiana Jones trilogy or some of the tamer Bond movies?

Hairydilemma Tue 06-Oct-20 20:54:24

Cobra Kai is quite sweary and a bit inappropriate but my 12 year olds have loved it (so have I!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in