Talk

Advanced search

Period Pain Problems

(5 Posts)
JuniorTerflette Mon 05-Oct-20 20:16:42

Hi, I've been having problems with period Pain for a few years and ibuprofen and paracetamol don't work. I get nausea, bloating, aches and bad cramps in my lower abdomen. I an constantly hot and cold. Afterwards I ache all down my back and legs, get headaches and feel exhausted. I usually use feminax, however it only works if I take it before my cramps start, and my time of the month is irregular so most of the time it doesn't work.
Does anyone have any recommendations for medication I can take? I can still function but it is definitely far from comfortable.
Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |
areallthenamesusedup Mon 05-Oct-20 20:19:46

I came on to recommend Feminax....

I do not know if this is a thing, or its was all in my head, but when in great pain (it would only last a day or so for me) , switched from tampons to pads....made a difference.

FrenchtoEnglish Mon 05-Oct-20 20:22:34

I get pain all down the front of my thighs and my knees. What's that all about? Hope someone comes on with some good ideas!

chocolatespiders Mon 05-Oct-20 20:24:47

Have you tried feminax ultra? This one is naproxen and works really well for my daughter. Get it behind the counter.
Buscopan is meant to help cramps too.

Littleroundsponge Mon 05-Oct-20 20:25:09

I suffer from pains like this, I was prescribed mefenamic acid by my Gp which has really helped and cocodamol work for me too. You have my sympathy, period pain is just awful!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in