Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen this in the news?

(7 Posts)
Hm2020 Mon 05-Oct-20 18:09:00

Haven’t seen a thread on it yet... I live quite near this school and was wondering if anyone knew anymore about www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-paramedics-rush-school-take-22795574.amp

OP’s posts: |
Inmyownlittlecorner Mon 05-Oct-20 19:01:47

My DD has quite a few friends at LSU. The letter from the head said that the girls were ill from eating sweets. The obvious rumour on DDs WhatsApp group with the girls from the school is that they weren’t sweets. Non of her friends are directly involved though.
The news also took a long time to filter down to the parents of the non affected children. My friend found out from the news while she was at work at about 2.45/3pm.

Moonshinemisses Mon 05-Oct-20 19:44:44

I was just reading this and thinking what an odd story. Edibles maybe?

greenlynx Mon 05-Oct-20 19:52:20

I saw it in the news and my first thought was about drugs. Don’t know if there was any update, I’ve read about similar situation recently: drugs were masked as sweets.

Hm2020 Mon 05-Oct-20 20:17:50

Maybe edibles never thought of that I was more thinking they’d all taken e’s and got scared 🤷🏼‍♀️ Apparently Camden council are investigating wonder of it’ll swept under the carpet considering it’s a strict catholic girls school

OP’s posts: |
Zaphodsotherhead Mon 05-Oct-20 21:03:38

Mass hysteria? It's the perfect scenario, particularly in the heightened times we live in. Strict, single sex school, high background levels of social tension with Covid...

StormBaby Mon 05-Oct-20 21:14:20

Edibles. 100%

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in