Talk

Advanced search

How can I frame a children’s t-shirt?

(11 Posts)
Lumene Wed 30-Sep-20 18:55:04

There is a special frame you can buy in America (called a shart which may explain why it hasn’t caught on for the British market grin ).

But can’t find anything for the British market. The t-shirt would fit a 6yr old.

Anyone done this or have any ideas of a not too expensive way to do this nicely (for a kid’s room)?

OP’s posts: |
Lumene Wed 30-Sep-20 18:56:04

I would prefer it to be square and just show the picture on the shirt, but not be t-shirt shaped.

Lumene Wed 30-Sep-20 18:57:37

Kind of like shart.com/

TheFormidableMrsC Wed 30-Sep-20 18:58:10

I'd just buy a large deep box frame and then a glue gun to mount it. My brother used to do this with his football shirts. You can buy them in The Range, Ikea or perhaps have a look at e-bay for specific sizes. You can also buy mounts separately on e-bay and have them cut to your desired size.

ForeverRedSkinhead Wed 30-Sep-20 19:01:01

Hobby craft sell deep box frames for about £16. As a pp said , just use a hot glue gun to stick the shirt in place. I've done this for my son's first outfits.

NanooCov Wed 30-Sep-20 19:01:55

Take it to a framer and explain what you want - it won't be the first time they'll have been asked for something similar and you'll get exactly what you want.

ForeverRedSkinhead Wed 30-Sep-20 19:03:31

Not the best quality pic , but this is what I was able to do.

Stompythedinosaur Wed 30-Sep-20 19:39:14

Sorry, i can't help, but im giggling at the idea of putting a shart on the wall!

goatsgalore Wed 30-Sep-20 19:41:35

Could you wrap it round a canvas and have the excess tshirt in the void at the back? As I'm put the tshirt 'on' the canvas

Knittedfairies Wed 30-Sep-20 19:55:54

I found this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi32mCDPqOY

Lumene Thu 01-Oct-20 00:05:02

Thanks all, I will have a look at all these ideas!

I know Stompy! Such an unfortunate name.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in