Talk

Advanced search

Meal delivery

(10 Posts)
Holdingtherope Wed 30-Sep-20 17:04:22

Has anyone tried any companies that do actual healthy meal delivery.

I'm working loads of extra hours presently and I want to eat well and look after myself. I can cook but don't enjoy it and would rather chill in my time off rather than cook.

I have tried gusto and hello fresh but want actual healthy meals that I can just stick in freezer and take to work.

I have seen a few companies that do them but never tried.

My brother has someone local
To him that does healthy home cooked meals for £3 and wish someone was doing that near me!!

OP’s posts: |
Holdingtherope Wed 30-Sep-20 17:57:48

Bump

WeirdlyOdd Wed 30-Sep-20 18:07:01

"Cook" is nice and tons of vegetarian and vegan options too, tons of curries and italian, thai etc, rather than 'meals on wheels' meat and 2 veg type. Our whole family loves their meals. They're frozen and you either microwave or oven cook them (varies). Tastes good and tastes homemade.

Only issue is if you're on a diet, then their portion sizes are quite large, so a 1 person is going to be involve a lot of calories, but there are lower calorie options too, just keep an eye out.

cookfood.net

Another option is Cavendish Cooks, which is stocked in some garden centres etc, and can also be delivered (you'd need a lot of freezer space as you need to buy quite a few in one go). Also really tasty.
www.cavendishcooks.co.uk

WeirdlyOdd Wed 30-Sep-20 18:08:20

To add - they're more expensive than the £3 your brother pays, but as portion sizes and calorie counts are quite high, we often have 2/3 of a portion with salad alongside, and then eat the remaining 1/3 for lunch the next day.

JingsMahBucket Wed 30-Sep-20 18:16:29

+1 for Cook. They also have some reduced salt versions I believe.

Holdingtherope Wed 30-Sep-20 19:56:40

I'm trying to do low carb and with cook it's impossible but I will have a look

westr Wed 30-Sep-20 19:58:39

Detox kitchen?

Holdingtherope Wed 30-Sep-20 20:00:16

These look nice heaven-n-health.co.uk/
Or this

www.fresheatclean.com/
But so expensive, buy would just be so easy!!

user1467300911 Wed 30-Sep-20 20:26:15

It is worth a Facebook post on pages local to you asking for recommendations. Many caterers have lost income due to the pandemic and are now offering frozen meals or bespoke batch cooking. £3 per meal sounds too cheap. At that price I’d be wondering about the ingredient quality.

Holdingtherope Wed 30-Sep-20 22:42:25

Ooh great idea!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in