Talk

Advanced search

What personal diary should l get?

(5 Posts)
EL8888 Wed 30-Sep-20 13:44:34

I am still a fan of having a paper diary for my personal life. This year l had something similar to www.amazon.co.uk/Cavallini-2014-Weekly-Planner-World/dp/1619922657/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=cavallini+diary&sprefix=cavallini+&srs=1772829031&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1601469821&sr=8-6
but l fancy something different for next year. It needs to not be too big as l typically carry it round in my handbag. Any suggestions?

OP’s posts: |
GlomOfNit Wed 30-Sep-20 14:30:22

What did you like about that diary, OP? Would help if we know, then can suggest alternatives. smile

I'm also a fan of a paper diary and don't use my phone or laptop for that sort of thing. We have a paper wall calendar too! shock grin

I've had Paperblank diaries for many years now. I like them because they come in a wide range of sizes and formats, so you can choose week to view (horizontal or vertical options), day to view, slim, wide, etc. They have hard covers and an elastic closure which is ESSENTIAL as it gives me somewhere to store old receipts, lists, cards etc grin and stops it all coming open in your bag. Some of them have magnetic closure which is smart but doesn't allow stuffing the diary full of crap.

The designs are gorgeous - the ones I love best are designed to look like really old, ornate books with decorative leatherwork, gilding etc. I get mine on Amazon.

dirtyfries Wed 30-Sep-20 14:40:48

Watching with interest!
I've got my eye on something like this
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BLVPT4S/?psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&coliid=I2BBDCAS61N8DT&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&colid=156P74O8KP1RB

or this
www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H3ZKM1P/?psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&coliid=I35E21S7EVN5ZQ&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&colid=156P74O8KP1RB

I love the little habit tracker, feels very bullet journal without the effort of drawing things up all the time.
I have tried and failed at bullet journaling many a time because I get upset if it doesn't look perfect!

EL8888 Wed 30-Sep-20 15:09:28

@GlomOfNit duh l should have provided more detail -sorry work is running me ragged today. Funnily enough l have similar wants to you -elastic to keep stuff (crap!) inside. I’m easy about horizontal / vertical but sufficient space in a week to a page is needed. Design wise l want something a bit different I.e. no boring navy plan ones

EL8888 Wed 30-Sep-20 15:11:38

@dirtyfries yes! This is the vibe l am thinking. Tear out lists sound especially helpful

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in