Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy sickness

(4 Posts)
Firsttimemum21 Wed 30-Sep-20 12:06:38

I’m really struggling with pregnancy sickness; most things I eat and drink I vomit. I’ve contacted my doctor and they have signed me off sick and given me sickness tablets, however, these don’t seem to be helping and are making me very drowsy.
This is my first pregnancy and I’ve never experienced anything quite like this. I’m so happy to be pregnant (8 weeks) but I feel so miserable with the sickness.
I’m a lecturer and missing the first part of term which is our busiest time and I feel so guilty for missing work, but I can’t physically work whilst I feel like this as travel is also a problem with sickness.
Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or something to help motivate me?
It’s making me very anxious, which I know isn’t good for me or my baby. Thank you in advance

OP’s posts: |
ChubbyMumFromSkye Wed 30-Sep-20 12:13:31

Hello @Firsttimemum21 sorry you are feeling so bad, I am in the same boat and this is a great wee thread to follow for advice...

Hyperemesis Support http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/4011907-Hyperemesis-Support

Firsttimemum21 Wed 30-Sep-20 12:22:17

@ChubbyMumFromSkye thank you for this

OP’s posts: |
allthewaterinthetap Wed 30-Sep-20 18:14:02

8 weeks is really in the thick of it. I would say, eat what you fancy, even if it's weird. It very often drops off after 12 weeks. This was definitely the very hardest time for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in