Talk

Advanced search

10 mo won't sleep unless bfing

(5 Posts)
NCParanoia Tue 29-Sep-20 21:02:17

Me and DS2 co sleep and he bfeeds to sleep and its been working really well for us, especially during lockdown as my partner was on furlough and could look after DS1 whilst me and DS2 napped etc.

But now DS2 will only sleep if he's feeding and is unable to self settle. I'll be in the bed with him cuddling, stroking, singing etc (not like a mad woman!) to him but he just cries and cries as he just cannot get off to sleep.

I need to eventually transfer him in to the cot because I need my life back but i realise this problem is of my own doing!

Does anyone have any advice as to how to help him to self soothe?

Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
lasangoles Tue 29-Sep-20 21:11:41

I bf my son to sleep until he was 20 months. I did ferber method and he was sleeping to about 3am then self soothing after just 3 nights. Amazing! Was convinced it wouldn't work but it really did.

lasangoles Tue 29-Sep-20 21:12:32

Also, don't feel bad for bfing to sleep. You'll miss it when they're older. Be grateful for all that time you had together and the comfort it gave your little one. It's totally natural.

BabetteAteOtemeal Tue 29-Sep-20 21:30:16

Thanks @lasangoles ill have a look at that method, I hadn't heard of it before.

I know I love co sleeping and feeding him and tbh its working really well for us on the whole. I fed DS1 until he was 2 (only stopped cos I was due DS2!) so I'm really drinking in this lovely age of babydom and feeding, I know how quickly it goes!!

The problem is that I am self employed and wfh and I really need nap times to do my job and the housework too. My job is such that I couldn't do it with him sleeping in the sling either. Hes also kind of getting fed up with sleeping in the sling as well so another reason to help him sleep independently.

BabetteAteOtemeal Tue 29-Sep-20 21:54:26

NC fail!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in